I am looking for someone to make assets for me 3d wise... Where do I start?

KinksterKitty

Jul 28, 2017
I have finally decided to work in DAZ Studio. However, I am looking into finding someone to do a unique 3D Asset for me. Where do I even start to look for someone that might be able to do this for me? Has someone else been in my situation before?

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
You could probably make it yourself with practice and determination. Just watch the DAZ Tutorials, Blender Tutorials or whatever you plan on using to make them and start dabbling. Start off by making a cup for example to get used to it, then go further.
If that doesn't interest you then check the DAZ forums as sometimes people offer their services, not for free of course. And it can get quite pricey if you are prepared to pay.

Lalalp

Apr 19, 2018
Hi! Let's say I need a belt for whipping scenes which is not available on the market. At least I did not find any nor saw it used in other people's renders. Any indication how complex is it to make? How much would it cost? Thanks!

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017

This assets comes with a belt. Plus other stuff.

Lalalp

Apr 19, 2018
Thanks for the response, but I suppose the belt there is more like a textured "torus" rather than a "narrow plane". It is always locked into a ring around the body in other words. I'm not sure how it could be used as a whip, unless I'm missing something big about DAZ. I've started to render as a hobby a couple of month ago, so it could be the case :)

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I think that you won't find a belt that also acts as a whip, normally those things are attached to the character's geometry or even drawn on it to save up poly counts.

Depending on what you want to do, you can animate someone taking their belt off and whip someone with it.

If you do not need to show the character taking it off, it is as simple as modelling a belt, texture it and then add some bones so that you can bend it.

-edit-
If you use blender, just google for a few tutorials, modelling a simple belt should be easy enough once you learn how to use Blender.
It has also tutorials on animations, rigging, etc. If you invest some time into it, you will be able to make it yourself and have the knowledge to make other things you may need in future.

KinksterKitty

Jul 28, 2017
You could probably make it yourself with practice and determination. Just watch the DAZ Tutorials, Blender Tutorials or whatever you plan on using to make them and start dabbling. Start off by making a cup for example to get used to it, then go further.
If that doesn't interest you then check the DAZ forums as sometimes people offer their services, not for free of course. And it can get quite pricey if you are prepared to pay.
Thx for the reply!

The problem is that I want a jacket looking in a very specific way lol. Is there any sort of request forum on DAZ that you have heard off? I mean, I have no problem paying for the resource

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
DAZ Forums, Tumblr, Renderosity, renderotica, etc etc
And also Nexusmod, in the Fallout and The Elder Scroll sections. Searching for every mod that have their own assets ; the description, say it if the meshes come from somewhere else. The said assets aren't built for Daz3D, but if their author can create them for the GECK, he can also create some for Daz3D.

caLTD

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018

Also you may check

also it may be harder than usual to find nsfw content creator.

Reactions: KinksterKitty

KinksterKitty

Jul 28, 2017

Also you may check

also it may be harder than usual to find nsfw content creator.
I don't want a NSFW asset, but yes, they might be hesitant to make an asset anyway for a NSFW game.

caLTD

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Also there where Daz tutorials to how to alter daz content in blender. You may want to check it. Also if you may be spesific your needs maybe some one else want to help you.

Reactions: KinksterKitty

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
There are boards to outsource coding.. im assuming there are sites for outsourcing 3d etc too. Ill guarantee there are. As far as coding they get so cheap.. well i shut down my business because i cant compete with a Team of indian programmers who'll create for $100 what it takes me two weeks to build. You just need to find them. Id suggest learning to use blender etc though