I can't get .HTM file to play .swf

Fed

May 14, 2017
I downloaded this game/movie thing called "Imouto and the Too Lewd Temptation" by a group called STARGATE3D but I can't seem to get it to work for me. The thing uses an .htm file called index.htm as a kind of main menu and from there it opens the main menu showing the important buttons like: zoom, next, previous and top menu. It is also supposed to play a video in the form of .swf files which is where the content of the game is but it doesn't work for me. The window and interface show up, the buttons seem to work but where the video should be it's empty. I installed a Japanese language pack for Firefox to no avail and the Japanese characters in the page source show correctly rather than gibberish. I tried this on Waterfox, Firefox and Chrome and none worked.

I have attached a mega link at the bottom of this post to the game in case someone wanted to try it for themselves but fair warning I think it's suppose to be incest because the top of the window says sister but it's all in Japanese so I have no idea.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
It seems your system cannot run flash. Another thing to think of is it's possible that all your browsers don't have flash addons or have it automatically disabled.
One thing you can try is to download the standalone flash projector and then associate the .swf with the standalone player. It should then work.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Those html files with swf never work right for me either. I've taken to just opening them in the Flash standalone player. Not perfect, but works. Official link from Adobe or you can google "flash player standalone" if you want to find yourself:

Fed

May 14, 2017
It seems your system cannot run flash. Another thing to think of is it's possible that all your browsers don't have flash addons or have it automatically disabled.
One thing you can try is to download the standalone flash projector and then associate the .swf with the standalone player. It should then work.
I do have flash installed, specifically Shockwave Flash 26.0 r0 in my browser as well as the stand alone flash. I even recently updated to flash player 26 and the .swfs actually do run by themselves just not through the .htm file itself. So I can look at individual .swfs but they don't work through the .htm interface. Also my browser was set to "always ask" instead of "always activate" but even when I switched it it doesn't work.

Watching the individual .swfs kind of kill the game because all the interactions are separated into individual .swfs that are supposed to be linked together by the .htm file so by themselves it's very disjointed.

Those html files with swf never work right for me either. I've taken to just opening them in the Flash standalone player. Not perfect, but works. Official link from Adobe or you can google "flash player standalone" if you want to find yourself:
I have stand alone flash but that doesn't work with the .htm file, although the swfs do work with it.

Last edited:

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Ok. Got it.. I'm guessing some obscure stuff with htm/html and flash??? I've heard of that just recently.

Reactions: Fed

Fed

May 14, 2017
Ok. Got it.. I'm guessing some obscure stuff with htm/html and flash??? I've heard of that just recently.
Yea, I was looking through some stuff and I thought it might be some pathing issue with the .htm files but the code looks good so I don't know (granted I'm not very good with that stuff so I could be wrong).

If you do find anything please do let me know.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
600 mb z.z I'll take a look at it I think I might know what's wrong. Or at least can offer a solution.

Reactions: Fed

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
player's locale is not japan. browser can't find filename?? my guess
RJ108050_img_main.jpg

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Just a thought.... are there any square blocks in the file names or in the htm file when it asks for the flash?

Fed

May 14, 2017
Just a thought.... are there any square blocks in the file names or in the htm file when it asks for the flash?
Nope, everything shows up properly except in waterfox (firefox) the square where it's suppose to play the flash file is a tiny square. In chrome the square where the .swf is suppose to play is full size but it's still just blank. I can screenshot it if you want.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
That would mean the htm is working, it finds the file, but something is blocking the flash from playing. Possible browser/flash issues when playing locally?

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
chrome: chrome://settings/content/flash --> allow sites to run flash
firefox: about:addons --> plugins set flash to always activate

Fed

May 14, 2017
That would mean the htm is working, it finds the file, but something is blocking the flash from playing. Possible browser/flash issues when playing locally?
The htm file can find the other htm files fine along with the one .jpg but it can't find or won't play the .swf files included.

chrome: chrome://settings/content/flash --> allow sites to run flash
firefox: about:addons --> plugins set flash to always activate
I tried the Firefox thing to no avail, no luck with chrome either unfortunately.

Last edited: