I can't start any game made with RPG maker ACE that use RGSS3 player

Prototype01

Jul 10, 2018
Every time i start a game made with RPG maker VX ACE that use the player RGSS3 it starts for a second in a little black window and the it shuts, i tried everything from reinstalling the program and all the RTP to start the games with different options (like administrator or changing the compatibility ecc.). Please help.

Reactions: iamabot001

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
It shuts down on startup with no error printing? Sounds like a software blocking the execution, like an antivirus.

Reactions: Prototype01

Prototype01

Jul 10, 2018
It shuts down on startup with no error printing? Sounds like a software blocking the execution, like an antivirus.
i checked the antivirus, and it doesn't have nothing to do with this issue because there isn't any virus alert, but all the games that i try to play don't have the data folder but i don't know if they just don't have it or it just disappeared

iamabot001

Aug 22, 2017
if you find a solution pls post it here :)
I used an uninstaller called HiBit Uninstaller:
And I unistalled everything related to RPGM, every runtime package.
The uninstaller cleans the leftover files and registry entries.
Then I installed the RPGM Ace VX Runtime from the thread.
Now it works.
Hope it works for you too.

Reactions: Prototype01

Prototype01

Jul 10, 2018
I used an uninstaller called HiBit Uninstaller:
And I unistalled everything related to RPGM, every runtime package.
The uninstaller cleans the leftover files and registry entries.
Then I installed the RPGM Ace VX Runtime from the thread.
Now it works.
Hope it works for you too.
doesn't work for me :(

Lord Leo

Apr 10, 2018
i got this in my logs anyone wanna give tips i tried replacing the dll for it to no help

Faulting application name: Game.exe, version: 3.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4e8d3142
Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll, version: 27.21.14.5148, time stamp: 0x5eefd3ba
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x00c3a644
Faulting process id: 0x1a80
Faulting application start time: 0x01d66246636b4e36
Faulting application path: E:\games\illegal shit\[FULL INTREST\[games your playin alot\[playing currently\[RPGM] [Completed] (play asap++++++++) Succubus Reincarnation Revenge Story ~Sexual Retaliation~ [Final] [QCross]\Succubus Reincarnation Revenge Story\Game.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dll
Report Id: a2fe631f-ce39-11ea-942e-d48564bee713

Youshitsu

Dec 21, 2018
my case a little bit different, so after I repairing my laptop and change the hdd, I turn the old hdd into the external one it doesn't had any issue before on the old one, but right now eveytime I wanna play the game on RPGM (the one with green castle icon) it goes error code 0xc0000005 and suddenly create a notepad name : debug with and information

[1029/173610.957:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(84)] TransactNamedPipe: The pipe has been ended. (0x6D)

I'm already tried everything on the google from sfc /scannow,registry repair, DEP changing, installing supported NET and DirectX (my friends suggesting that) changing region to JP, turning off windows defender, and not even installing any anti virus at all. weird thing is, the error coming right after my laptop just fixed, which is still fresh new when firstly I try to run the game from the external it that error 0xc0000005 appear, I thought maybe I can't run it on the external, so I copied it to my internal but same too, also the game using old emulator RPG RGSS (the one with red dragon icon) works all fine, and others game with their own launcher like Unity, or RenPy or etc works fine, even if it's error it fixed just by delete and reinstaling over. I'm even already installing the RPGM VX Ace too and all the software related too play RPG games, but the issue still same. I also do some quick experiment download a little sized game that using RPGM emulator a couple minute ago and try unziping it and believe me, it still same 0xc000005 like bruh... even repairing the zip files, delete the whole folder and re unzip + installing it over goes same. sry for such long thread but any suggestion or answer guys? thank you and have a nice day!

Last edited:

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
this is what it shows but i don't know what to search or what to do (btw the language is italian)
View attachment 290883

to know what to search for is the ID event/evento

Event 1000, Application Error

Sometimes your Windows app crashes all of a sudden. When you go to the Event Viewer log, you can see one error code and the common one is the event 1000 application error. Let’s see the following figure! You see the Event ID is 1000. This means you cannot launch this program properly or software may close unexpectedly.

The event ID 1000 app error may occur due to several reasons, including corrupted system files, badly installed .NET Framework, etc.

it seems that RGSS301.dll file as been damage in some way