Ren'Py I can't take screenshots on Renpy games

allura404

Nov 7, 2019
My old pc was Windows 8. I bought a new pc and it has Windows 10 installed. I could to take screenshots in games by assigning the 'windows+printscreen' macro to my mouse. 'windows+printscreen' does not work when playing renpy games in full screen on windows 10. It was running on Windows 8. What is the reason? I don't want to use 'S' key for screenshot. I don't like the text that appears on the screen.

allura404

Nov 7, 2019
The press h before you hit the s key...
I don't like taking screenshots with the s key. notification appears on the screen. Also, when I want to take screenshots one after the other, it doesn't happen very quickly. I discovered a new method, it works exactly as I want. Windows+Alt+Printscreen

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] Also, when I want to take screenshots one after the other, it doesn't happen very quickly. [...]
Er... Wait, who need to take screenshots "one after the other" with Ren'Py ?

The use of the screenshots feature is already really limited since it present absolutely no interest outside of games using sprites, and not necessarily an interest even for those games if the sprite aren't layered(-like) images. But "one after the other", it imply either an animation or a movie, therefore something you already have full access to. Just extract the data from the rpa file with unren ( , ) then use whatever image browser you want.

allura404

Nov 7, 2019
Er... Wait, who need to take screenshots "one after the other" with Ren'Py ?

The use of the screenshots feature is already really limited since it present absolutely no interest outside of games using sprites, and not necessarily an interest even for those games if the sprite aren't layered(-like) images. But "one after the other", it imply either an animation or a movie, therefore something you already have full access to. Just extract the data from the rpa file with unren ( , ) then use whatever image browser you want.
I like to take screenshots of the scenes I like in the games I love. I'm archiving. It is pretty easy to do this when you assign the necessary keys to the macro keys of the mouse.