Daz I feel stupid asking this but..

143 others

Dec 1, 2020
I am trying to replicate what I did with the boys render on all the other renders I am doing but failing to do so If you could help me on that also you might think that I fucin stupid for asking this but I am having problem locating this shader light visible in the viewport and the scene tab not able to locate it in the content library d22.jpg

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
You should search for it like this.

2023-06-03 08_12_03-DAZ Studio 4.21 Pro.jpg

You may need to switch from database to file first.

2023-06-03 08_12_19-DAZ Studio 4.21 Pro.jpg

I think there is no other way unless you know where you stored it.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Extreme mode!!!

Daz "duf" save files are zip archives. You can use a unzip-tool (such as 7-Zip) to decompress them to a temporary folder.
Inside there will be a JSON data file with a LOT of details about all the objects in the scene and all the related settings.
If you know the display name of the scene object you cannot find, you can search the JSON file for the name string. Somewhere in that section should be the path to the directory of the object data files.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Extreme mode!!!

Daz "duf" save files are zip archives. You can use a unzip-tool (such as 7-Zip) to decompress them to a temporary folder.
Inside there will be a JSON data file with a LOT of details about all the objects in the scene and all the related settings.
If you know the display name of the scene object you cannot find, you can search the JSON file for the name string. Somewhere in that section should be the path to the directory of the object data files.
Mm. that is useful. Never did that though. Have to try that out.

Since working with HoneySelect, i was surprised that their PNG images will (but isn't a must) contain all the assets. It's like magic. You just load it and everything is there. Wonder why DAZ doesn't do that. Probably copyright.

p.s. indeed. Though a lot of gibberish in it but you find what you were using. Either way, you could find out.

Reactions: osanaiko

Mock1ngb1rd

May 14, 2023
Extreme mode!!!

That's indeed nice to know, thanks.

Reactions: osanaiko