I had too much time on my hands; ended up making a tracker for Bookmark updates

Altmale

Jun 26, 2019
So while I clearly use this site too much, I don't really use the forum at all so please let me know if this post needs to be changed or if there's a better solution to this problem. But I got tired of having pages upon pages of bookmarks and no good way of telling when a game I was following updated outside of manually tagging the bookmark as I finished an update and then going over every page of bookmarks to see if any had changed their versions vs the one I had written. So like any reasonable person, I hooked up a screen scraper to my account and wrote a Google Scripts App to pull that data into a Google Sheet in a format that would only show me bookmarks that I'm not up to date on.*

capture.png

If people are interested I can get into the details of how this all works, but mostly I'm just really pleased with how well it does work and there are literally no other people on the planet that I can show this to.

* there's no real way to (easily) determine when I last updated any given bookmark, so the aging piece is only a going-forward feature
** I only check for updates a couple times a day, and only on my account, so hopefully this isn't against some policy?

Reactions: CCPanda and Sasirs