[R>Artist 2D] [R>Programmer] [R>Writer] Share I have a idea but know 0 about progamming and I'm broke af, so I'm assembling a team

Pyotrvisk0099

Dec 10, 2017
Project:- I had this idea about a game where you're a sci-fi monster/gladiator who would compete for the rich. You would choose wich kind o f tech ( biotech, chemtech, smart-tech...) they would use on you, maybe develop some romances, political drama....still barebones
Developer:- right now, I'm the full team, but I know shit about progamming, english is a bit rusty and I'm dreadful at paint
Looking for:-

Progammer: at least has some experience with rpg system, any language is ok, if know python it would be better, as I could learn it and help

Writer: I'm somewhat dull and as I said my english is a lil bit rusty, so it would help having someone to elaborate the smut scenes ( because as funny as it is I can't write good smut) and correct the grammar.

Artist: In my opinion, art is essential to a good game. I need someone to draw the characthers, the MC would be contantly evolving, so multiple drawings of it would be needed.

Employment Type:- shared, i would get 10% of what we recieve, the three others would recieve 30%
Work commitment:- As it is right now, it's a one time long term project.
Preferred method of contact:- Discord - Onix#2068
Job Description:- I think I've said everything, shout out if doubts

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Of the three roles, in my opinion, programming is the easiest... as long as you aim low.

Learning the basics of Python is quite easy: look for online tutorials, the 'net is chocked full of them. In a couple of weeks, you'll be surprised by how much you learned.
Would it be enough to code a game? Of course not!
But if you lower the scope of your project to just a Visual Novel, you won't need much of that.

Ren'py makes putting together Visual Novels a trivial task that, after some experimenting, you'll be able to do it in your sleep. With the aforementioned basis of Python, you'll be able to add some very simple mechanics, to drive your "futuristic gladiator games with upgrades" idea.
As long as you'll keep your game story-driven and don't get grandiose ideas about gameplay, you'll be able to make something that can stand on its own legs with just a few months of studying and experimenting.

At that point, you can start looking around for a writer. Writers are very easy to find in F95. Just have some proof-of-concept to show and PM someone of those that put ads in this section. Putting an ad yourself and waiting for someone to reply never worked too well for me.

Artist... Good luck with that. Good luck and blessings.

Eulexia

Jun 18, 2018
So, to be clear, you bring nothing to the project except a 10% cut?

You say you have an idea, but having an idea isn't bringing something to the project--it's actually a limitation that the other three people would have to live with, because they probably have their own ideas that work better.

Why would anyone involve you in a project here? What are you bringing to the table?

Jeno

Donor
Aug 27, 2017
Well, don't forget aspects such as community interaction, writing update posts, managing the patreon, answering dm's as well as general coordination of things. If OP can manage that then I think the distribution of funds as such isn't all that bad.
Nevertheless I don't see who would jump aboard here either, sadly.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Broke.
Can do nothing.
Need programmer.
Need artist.
Need storywriter.
Need planning.
Won't pay, unless the game takes off.

Sooooooooo no. Not how you gain interest. At least unless you have a matured idea that people believe in.

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
Basically, you just want people to develop your dream game. That's just not going to happen. Best case scenario is you will draw the attention from people who don't know what they are doing either. Good for learning purposes I guess, but I doubt you will produce anything playable in this state.

I recommend to seize this opportunity and start picking up a relevant skill set. Programming does lend itself very well since it doesn't require pre-existing talent to produce good results (like drawing good 2d smut), but you will have to do some serious learning. That will probably also mean that you won't be touching your dream project at least for the foreseeable future.

And say good bye to the idea you would be making any decent money off of it. It just comes off as someone who has never played an instrument before but plans on having concert halls filled.