I have a story, need artist / programmer

Flash Funk

Aug 22, 2018
I have a story. The outline is written, already wrote some parts if it and was hoping to teach myself to code it with ren'py and use some digital art software but finding it a grind to learn. I'm pretty lazy and I want to do this as a hobby side project.

I also want to maintain a degree of anonymity and have no interest in financial gain. I've just been playing a number if of games here and saw an interesting story form in the back of my head.

It's a basic two paths to choose from mold, going either through love/trust or corruption/lust. Any advice or interest?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Take this time to start writing it. You don't have to finalize anything or add code yet, but note when you're creating a choice or something, I really do suggest learning at least the basics of using conditional statements, variables, and menus in Ren'Py, just to save yourself and whoever becomes your programmer some time and headache. Since you'll be writing, the vision of how you want scenes to look, how to pose, where to place the camera, etc, will all come out in the dialogue and narration, giving you and your artist something to work from.

While you're doing that, play a lot of games, make yourself active in the forums, create a signature linking people to this thread, you may want to post a description, like what will be on the forum page when your game gets its first release. Activity in the forums will get you noticed, you getting noticed will get your signature noticed, your signature getting noticed will bring people here, and your presence on the forums will allow you to build connections with users.