I have a story

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
I'm a writer with an idea but can't code and has no idea about rendering or game development. I'm looking for those who can to help put together my story or help on how to develop it myself.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm a writer with an idea but can't code and has no idea about rendering or game development. I'm looking for those who can to help put together my story or help on how to develop it myself.

Change your signature to a request for help on the art, something like my own. Pretty sure it's how my artist found me.

I suggest you build your game in Ren'Py, it's really easy to use, and codes on python, the simplest language out there.

Check out that thread, palanto and I gave a lot of advice in there about how to go about learning to code in Ren'Py. I'm not sure if I posted a block of code in there or not, but if you wanna see a quick example, go check out the thread for the game "life is good" on one of the last two pages I wrote out a really simple bit of code to show just how easy it is.

Feel free to PM me or just tag me in this thread if you have any other questions. Helpful members of the community, like Palanto Games and Anne'Onnymous will also likely be willing to give some advice.

When you feel like you're confident you can do this, go to the development subforum there's a sticky there about the developers hub, pm one of the people they listed to get an invite. There are plenty of Devs and artists there who are always willing to help.

Most of all, have fun. If you need story help or anything like that, feel free to ask.

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Found a programmer but not sure where I can post a link my Patreon site to try a garner some interest. Still need to find some help but working on that

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Found a programmer but not sure where I can post a link my Patreon site to try a garner some interest. Still need to find some help but working on that
I wouldn't even bother with Patreon until you have a demo. Once you do use places like this, disseminate it and garner interest. Also there are subreddits devoted to adult gaming.

Reactions: Madbadbutajoytoknow

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Ok the project is up and running up we could we another person to help with CG/GUI and I really appreciate any help with writing side

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Mad, have you joined the developers hub? I don't think I've seen you there. Go to the developer subforum, there's a sticky post there, read it and pm either Aldo or Shay, they'll get you on the discord. You can talk to other devs there, maybe find someone with time to work with you.