[S>Composer] I Make Music for your face

sickbeatschic

Sep 21, 2020
Hello, fellow content creators!

I make music! (That's what you meant by composer, right?)

Hit me up on twitter if you want some custom music, or just follow the links for my free ones. (It's bandcamp so they'll run out though. Be swift. Be brave.)

Want original music to bring life to your game that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Then we have something in common!

How many songs do you need for a decent game...probably like 5 right? Just for each situation. Maybe one song for the main menu, one song that just plays throughout the majority of the game, one song for particularly important scenes, one for the particularly particular scenes, and of course the slowed down version of the main song for when it's nighty night times or something.

Welp. You could have that for 50 beans friend. Yup. 10 bucks a song. Custom made for you, every time. Why? Well, as a musician I found myself jealous of artists selling their work and having people lining up just to get the chance to be allowed to commission a piece of work from them, for like 100 dollars! Wait lists and raffles and shit, what I world, why not me?!

I totally get it, it's a time consuming process that I certainly can't do. But I just couldn't imagine selling my work for such a steep price, I mean, I'm a musician and to me making songs is fun! I'm going to break someone's bank for appreciating my work? Hell no! So I want to make something accessible to everyone.

If you want a more complex song that's extra time consuming and would end up more expensive? I'll let you know before anything is finalized so you can change your mind if you want. If you hear what I came up with for you and you want it changed? We'll figure out the sound you're imagining and I'll change it how you want it. If you don't like it at all and think this was a bad idea and feel like a jerk but don't want to paypal me anything anymore, no worries! World keeps turning, I'm not mad at you. A song resulted from it either way! I'll hold onto what I made and sell it for a discount elsewhere or maybe just make it a free public release. We're all just trying to get by here!

So here's my logic. If I were to calculate the time and effort that goes into creating an original song and tried to come up with some type of calculation based on an hourly rate for that, sure, the price would probably go up. But as a consumer myself, it hurts to see that price tag...it hurts bad. It's a big oof. When you're paying for someone's creative work, you might not see that even the tiniest little detail change may take a couple extra hours on their end. You just think to yourself, "It's a tiny little change! That can't be hard for you! You just made that entire picture, now this 1/50th of that same picture is another 30 bucks for you to draw?"

It's frustrating and difficult to wrap your head around. So no, I'm not going to charge you based on the time I put into it. Why? Because that's pretending I don't enjoy making songs during the majority of my free(and even down time during work) time. Or that I don't get the added benefit of having a nice gigantic library of my own music that I get to listen to on shuffle whenever I'm in the mood. I'm human, you're human. This happens to be my talent, so let me share it with you and hey, make a little bit of dough on the side at a fair price.

Enough with the pitch, let's get to the point. I make songs. They might be a complex 45 seconds, they might be a simple minute and a half. You tell me whether you want it fast paced or slow. With some drums in there or not. Electronic pop or orchestral. I can even do creeeepyyyy. Or I can make something up based on whatever scenario you tell me it'll be used in! You can link me a song you already have in mind and I can make you a custom replica if you want. No biggie.

So stop stressing about whether or not the music you're using is royalty free or who you have to credit or contact or what rules you need to abide by. Just go check out my music! If it's downloadable, it's all yours, you don't even have to shout me out(just remember other people may be using it in their games too). If you want to tell me you're using it, that's cool too, I'd be excited to see a game with my music in it blow up!

If you want a song you can listen to but not download, you can buy it for your use(these will have less people using them). If you want a custom one that nobody else can sneakily snakeily record also and have in their game too despite you having bought it? Follow these steps: You message me and tell me what you want, I make it and let you hear it, you tell me what you want changed, you listen to the edit and totally love it, then you pay me and I send it off to you, all yours, nobody else even knows it exists yet! And if I just can't seem to nail your taste and the price goes up for fifty shades of edits and you just want to bail on the song entirely, no hard feelings! I get it, I'm not trying to rob you here! We all wanna make ends meet. Have a question for me? Ask away! Don't be shy!

Much love. Hit me up. 10 bucks. Peace!

Links:

twitter: sickbeatschic

givu

Jan 17, 2018
I like it! I added "Dis Da Whole Song 14A" (Diffrent Takes) for the Start screen of my game. Will be added in the next update. Good stuff, keep at it! Might hit you up in the future.

Reactions: sickbeatschic