I need advice

MultiChoicesStudio

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
Hello everyone,

I started developing VN a few months ago. That's why I'm curious about your expectations from a game.

I am about to publish the first episode of my game. Unfortunately, I will not be able to follow your advice in the first episode, but you can see the impact of your recommendations in the following episodes.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
That's why I'm curious about your expectations from a game.
This question generally need to a ton of answers, all different and some contradictory. Globally what the community expect from a game is something entertaining ; with anyone having his own definition of "what is an entertaining game".

But where anyone tend to agree is that a game will stop to be entertaining when its author try too hard to please everybody. The game start to loose its soul, the story start to become a total mess, and there's too much change from an update to the other, for it to be interesting. Therefore, stick to what you planed to do.

It doesn't mean that you have to disregard the feedback you get, but that you've to follow them only when it imply small changes, or permit to improve your skills. Any other feedback, you just keep them in mind for your next game, where you'll apply them right from the start when you'll write the story and think about the game mechanism(s).

Reactions: MultiChoicesStudio

abigpervert

Jul 25, 2018
Hmmm from my experience of playing adult games, I play games that revolve around one main character whose looks attract me the most. You know, follow her route, see things happen to her, that kind.

Reactions: MultiChoicesStudio