I need for make character

beenguin

Jul 28, 2018
Hello guys

I need help to make a character. I am using Ren'py but i am nervous. I do not know where to start. I do not need animation. I just need pictures. how to draw or find?
I liked Good Girl Gone Bad. how can i make something like this. Please help me.
Thanks
sorry if I wrote the wrong place

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
I am pretty sure he is looking for a way to make 3D renders.

Beenguin, you need to search for Daz studio or Honeyselect. They are the 2 most common tools for 3D characters on this site and Daz is fairly easy to learn (but hard to master). I don't use Honeyselect, so I dont know how easy or hard that one is to use.

Just be warned, making 3D art is not something you "just do". It takes time to learn and set up.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
100% correct Agent....

First start with DAZ or Honeselect and see if you can make/design models that you like. Learn the program you like first so that you are pretty proficient. I played around with DAZ3d for over a year before i felt comfortable making models/scenes etc...

Then you ask on forums like this how to make a VN game if that is what you want to do... baby steps

Beenguin, you need to search for Daz studio or Honeyselect. They are the 2 most common tools for 3D characters on this site and Daz is fairly easy to learn (but hard to master). I don't use Honeyselect, so I dont know how easy or hard that one is to use.

Just be warned, making 3D art is not something you "just do". It takes time to learn and set up.

Reactions: beenguin

beenguin

Jul 28, 2018

I downloaded DAZ but what else should I download. I must download something to create character, but I do not know
I need some help

mssm

Jan 19, 2018
I downloaded DAZ but what else should I download. I must download something to create character, but I do not know
I need some help
It's been a while for me but I believe under the tab 'Install' when you are in DAZ Studios you'll find some free assets that you can download and use. If I remember correctly there should be a model/person.

Once downloaded & installed, you'll find the assets under 'Smart Content' and 'Content Library'. Go and try these out. Make some renders and see if you like doing it. Get the hang of it how it works.

If you can't figure out how to use DAZ in general I'd advise you to watch DAZ tutorial videos. There are a bunch that show you what to do. It's simply too much to write down here. You'll also understand the steps better if they are visualized instead of written.

Like the others have said, it's going to take a while before you can put out something decent and useable. And judging from your knowledge of this so far, you'll be starting at the bottom. Expect many many hours required. But stick to it and you can truly create some beautifull things!

Reactions: after.v

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Also worth checking here from time to time for additional legit free assets.

As the chaps say, it -will- take time, but like anything if you practice you will get better at it each time. Good luck.

Reactions: uradamus

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
I need some help
Daz gives you a few basic things to create characters and scenes, but if you want more than extremely limited clothes, charaters and so on, then you will need to buy/download additional assets for Daz. You can check the Daz store, or sites like for additional stuff to buy (just be warned that this is not cheap) or if you can't/won't pay for them, then you can check this thread for free (pirated) assets.

If you need more help with how to install or use these assets, then I would suggest simply using google or youtube for help.

Just be sure to determine which model you will be using in daz, as you will need the corresponding assets for that model. Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 are the most popular ones. Genesis 3 is older and slightly less detailed than the new Genesis 8, but it has been around for longer and generally has more stuff for download, and these things also tend to be a little cheaper to buy.
Genesis 8 is better looking, but since it has only been around for a short time, it doesn't have as much stuff available for download, and those things are generally slightly more expensive as well, because they are newer. Going forward Genesis 8 will be an increasingly better option, as people will slowly stop making new things for the Genesis 3 model, and will switch to the new gen instead.

I am personally using genesis 3, because I like the available clothing & hairstyle options for that model better. What you decide to do however, is completely up to you. There is no right or wrong choice in my eyes.

Reactions: Nottravis

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Genesis 3 is older and slightly less detailed than the new Genesis 8, but it has been around for longer and generally has more stuff for download, and these things also tend to be a little cheaper to buy.
Also, Gen 3 tends to have items on sale quite a bit and, if you do start buying assets, get the Daz Premium membership. It's not terribly expensive and can be purchased for just a few months, but it can pay for itself with just a few items as the savings get -very- silly sometimes.