Others I need help getting rid of NW.JS

Eregion702

Jul 6, 2018
Basically around a year or so ago

I couldn't make this game called Slave's Sword work, so I looked here for answers. And people were running their games through something called nw.json

This one specifically:

So I did that, didn't work, I moved on. Problem is I can't get rid of that stupid program.

Every time I open a RPGM game it routes it automatically through there and it more or less crashes the game unless I set it to compatibility mode, which makes it run like shit.

I tried uninstalling NW, uninstalling the RTP packages, searching for anything that could be related on my computer, none of it worked.

It gives me a message from NW.JS (which shouldn't be in my computer any longer) that says that there's "been a profile error".

Every time I have to play an RPGM these days I have to deal with this.

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.

Eregion702

Jul 6, 2018
Try doing and see if it help.
That didn't work. I could follow steps 1 and 2, but couldn't find any "Web Data" files on my computer.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found it.

EDIT 2: I deleted the two web data and journal on user data. It no longer throws me the profile error message, thoug the games still appear on a chromium window for whatever reason.

I might add that the way this games are crashing is through a display error. The screen goes black, then comes back but the game remains the same. It only does this with RPGM VX Ace games.

Last edited:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
The solution I mentioned was just to fix the nwjs error, the other issues are probably unrelated and I have no idea what you mean by the game showing in a chromium window.
It only does this with RPGM VX Ace games.
Since you mentioned uninstalling RTP, have you reinstalled the VX ace ?

Eregion702

Jul 6, 2018
This is what I meant by chromium window.

Also just re-isntalled VX Ace RTP, it made no changes to the display issue.