I need help with switching from windows 7 to windows 10 and downloading games from this site.

DwBjr

Jan 12, 2020
Like the title says I need help. Had to go to 10, hate it so far, Windows 7 was so much better in my opinion. now all my downloads from here dont work.

LordMerek

Romance Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Windows 10 is definitely an acquired taste. Microsoft seems intent on breaking the damn OS with every update.

Are you trying to download from this site or are you saying what you've downloaded doesn't work?

DwBjr

Jan 12, 2020
Windows 10 is definitely an acquired taste. Microsoft seems intent on breaking the damn OS with every update.

Are you trying to download from this site or are you saying what you've downloaded doesn't work?
with 7 i downloaded the rpg maker program that u need to play rpgm games on here. i download the unren program to get past endless grinding and the 7zip to extract files. none r working on windows 10.

DwBjr

Jan 12, 2020
My laptop died on me so had to buy new one and it came with windows 10 installed. So yeah im screwed until i can figure something out.

LordMerek

Romance Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Weird. What version of Unren are you using?

From my experience, unren isn't 100% foolproof. Games like Summertime Saga will just plain fail to decompile the encrypted .rpyc files. It just depends on how the game is coded.

As for RPGM games, I don't believe you need the RPG maker program to play RPGM games (unless I'm missing something). You should be able to run the executable included in the game download the same as with Ren'Py Games, which should be called game.exe, or something along those lines.

DwBjr

Jan 12, 2020
Weird. What version of Unren are you using?

From my experience, unren isn't 100% foolproof. Games like Summertime Saga will just plain fail to decompile the encrypted .rpyc files. It just depends on how the game is coded.

As for RPGM games, I don't believe you need the RPG maker program to play RPGM games (unless I'm missing something). You should be able to run the executable included in the game download the same as with Ren'Py Games, which should be called game.exe, or something along those lines.
Thank you for your help. Ive had my fails with unren back on the windows 7 so yeah i know that its not perfect. Any ideas on a way to extract files, ever since i started using windows 10 no game files will extract from this site. on 7 i was using 7zip but it wont even load on windows 10.

LordMerek

Romance Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
If you're looking to extract .rpa files outside of UnRen, then I recommend using (click download, no thanks take me to download when it asks you for a donation) it doesn't decompile .rpyc files if a game has them but it extracts everything else that's packed (images, renpy files, scripts, etc.) Just drag the .rpa over the program and it will extract in the directory the .rpa is in.

It also might help if I could get an idea of what games, in particular, you're having the most trouble with.

7zip works fine on 10, it's my favorite program. Do you experience errors, or does it fail to open?

Windows 10 is an experience, one of the worst by far, but everything has a solution. We'll find one here.

DwBjr

Jan 12, 2020
If you're looking to extract .rpa files outside of UnRen, then I recommend using (click download, no thanks take me to download when it asks you for a donation) it doesn't decompile .rpyc files if a game has them but it extracts everything else that's packed (images, renpy files, scripts, etc.) Just drag the .rpa over the program and it will extract in the directory the .rpa is in.

It also might help if I could get an idea of what games, in particular, you're having the most trouble with.

7zip works fine on 10, it's my favorite program. Do you experience errors, or does it fail to open?

Windows 10 is an experience, one of the worst by far, but everything has a solution. We'll find one here.
if i could use any other windows i would but new laptop already has it installed on it. i personally hate 10. hell it cant even display colors right on my laptop. everything on my screen thats supposed to be bright green is a very dull puke yellow. i cant even figured that one out. thanks again for ur help. im off to bed now but ill try again tommorrow to get my stuff straight. later.

DwBjr

Jan 12, 2020
Ok im stuck now with windows 10,hate it so much, but my windows 7 wonderful laptop died a week ago. RIP. Can anyone on here tell me how to use 10 on this,hell any site? All my game saves are windows 7 and none will load on windows 10. Some of these games i played for over a year or more and im not starting all over, i'll just delete them and this site b4 i start over. For example Corrupted Kingdom 0.5.5 saves will load even on windows 10 but Corrupted Kingdom 0.5.6 wont even let me copy the saves into the save folders. So i cant play the game anymore unless i start all over and that aint ever happening. Same problem with Corruption, Delicate Taboo and Dark Magic. Any advice or help would be great.

LordMerek

Romance Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
RIP good Operating Systems. I grew up with 98 and XP so I know how distasteful Windows 10 can feel.

But if you look deep enough, you can tell at one point Windows 10 was just a clone of Windows 7.

You should use Chrome or Firefox. If you're using Edge, I recommend discarding it immediately.

I've never transferred saves between Operating Systems before, but ALL saves should be fine as long as they are copied correctly. I mean if the game worked on Windows 7 without problems, so should the saves right?

Keep in mind games that frequently alter the code will break saves on any OS. I've had to restart nearly every time Rogue-like Evolution and Summertime Saga gets an update because of unnecessary coding changes.

True Ren'Py saves are located in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy. You can also find persistent saves here. Are you trying to copy saves here or into the game saves folder?

Make sure your game folders are not write-protected. What type of error are you running into when you tried coping saves into Corrupted Kingdoms 0.5.6?

If all else fails, backup your saves and just try to redownload the games. Then copy over the save folders.

Last edited: