I need some easy way to install DAZ3D assets

Apr 7, 2018
I have watched like 10 tutorials on yt and still got errors with simply importing Victoria 8 Pro Bundle.
I would like to just unzip my assets to a single directory, point daz to it, and have it all, what I got is tons of different files with different extensions and everything in different directories, this shit overwhelms me.

Also, I am using Daz Studio 4.16 (x64), but I have hard times to understand this versioning, seems like Daz 4.6 is older than daz 4.16, and my DAZ3D installation folder is being named DAZ Studio_4.5_(64-Bit), so everything is a huge WTF for me here, someone should do a survival guide for daz here.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
1. download and decompress the asset.
2. find and go inside the folder 'Content'
3. drop everything inside 'Content' into /Daz 3D/Studio/My Library
4. done.

if you had daz open while doing it you need to 'refresh' the folder 'My Library' in daz from the rightclick menu. restarting daz does the same. otherwise your new folders won't be visible (until restart).

Apr 7, 2018
Yeah, I had change the folder and to restart daz, some shit was in weird folders like 'My Library' so I had to make sure that people will be copied to people etc, two hours of getting everything together but it works now

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
Yeah, I had change the folder and to restart daz, some shit was in weird folders like 'My Library' so I had to make sure that people will be copied to people etc, two hours of getting everything together but it works now
sounds like you dropped the files on the wrong level. or copied from the wrong folder level.

the aim is that your dropped people-folder overrides the people folder inside MyLibrary and so on. normally that's achieved by copying the contents of 'content' foldery and dropping them inside MyLibrary.

very rarely though the asset provider has fucked up HIS folder structure and that causes the assets to end up in wrong places. like I have three genesis 8 folders right now. doesn't really matter, but can sometimes cause stuff being where you're not looking. but it's very rare, probably not what caused your problem.

Apr 7, 2018
very rarely though the asset provider has fucked up HIS
Oh, believe me they can fuck up more than a structure, I have smthn about 6 'genesis 8' folders, one is being named 'FEMILE', other 'famale' etc, but I got your point, large majority is ok.

I was like an inch close to write my own program to find the actual assets in my zipped assets to unzip them properly where I want them because it was all way too random to just use some easy bash or powershell oneliner, some had zip inside zip, some had MyLibrary folder, some just 'content', some doesn't even had 'content' dir, but after getting 100gb of assets checked and put into folders i'm fine, I think I will just backup assets dir because I don't want to do it ever again lol