Unity I need some testers

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
Awright bois and grills. Because of my huge 3D project being on hold due to lack of time for it, I've decided to create an additional story and put it into some simple 2D game series. I chose pixel art and because it's my very first time doing it and I have a lot of things to learn yet, don't expect to see miracles. But about the problem. I've completed the first testing build and I need some testers to check if the character and camera movements are okay or not.

I expect some helpful feedback, so please, don't disappoint me :D

Here's the link for game:
And here's scan result:

And about controls: Arrows or ASD + Space (in place of W)

For mods: I wasn't sure where to put this thread so I hope I chose well by following my logic.

Kinderalpha

Pleb
Donor
Dec 2, 2019
Nice!

Great job on nailing good feedback and smoothness. The camera interpolation is perfect. The velocity feels fast / icy but that may be your objective, not sure. The game feels great. I'm very interested in seeing how you approach adult content with a side-scroller because I love side-scrollers but couldn't come up with an intuitive design for adult content. Good choice on using higher resolution pixel art too.

The only bug which I could produce is when you're kneeling and speak with the NPC, you are then stuck in a kneeling position while being able to jump and move around. This can obviously be fixed by just pressing the duck key again and then standing up. Nothing intrusive or game-breaking at all, but with the limited environment I figured I'd mention it.

All in all, great job on the art, the background, and really everything thus far.

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
The only bug which I could produce is when you're kneeling and speak with the NPC, you are then stuck in a kneeling position while being able to jump and move around. This can obviously be fixed by just pressing the duck key again and then standing up. Nothing intrusive or game-breaking at all, but with the limited environment I figured I'd mention it.
Wow! How I could miss trying to do that myself... This is actually a very important note, so I'm happy that You were able to find out that sneaky bug :D

And about the control impression. I was aiming for more dynamic movement, so this is why the velocity works like this. I thought it might be a little too fast for someone but I would like to wait for more people to adress that matter before I decide if I should change it or not. I'm also happy that You felt the camera interpolation just fine, because the previous one was a little more dynamic and I was afraid that some players could feel a bit dizzy after a while.

Adult content will be implemented after I finish combat system, but for that I will certainly need some time. Normal animations are not as hard as I thought before, but seeing how many times I need to change something, I'm afraid the hentai ones might be even more complicated at this point. I've got something of a perfectionist in me so I don't let anything go just like that, haha. Because this is the first game, it's not going to be too complex or long, but it should be able to lead player into the beginning of the whole story just fine and show some of its locations, too.

The resolution is high because I know that more and more people use 4K screens (me included) so it would be hard to play or test a game with smaller one :D

Anyway, thank You for Your feedback, I really appreciate it! :D

Last edited: