I noticed a great deal of these projects are missing music/other forms of audio...

Scry My Face

Oct 6, 2019
Why is that guys?
is it intentional?

Was thinking maybe people were leaving out audio to keep file size down... but honestly i really hope that isnt the case.
For example: Just having the sounds of birds in the background on a outdoor scene makes a dramatic difference; however i can understand why people would be leaving it out. There is sound everywhere we go IRL, to mimic that would seriously increase the time and complexity of a project and could potentially stifle creativity/project flow.

uhhh...
Did i just answer my own questions? lol
What do you guys think? do you know the reason why?
did i guess right?

Kind of off topic but other than being extremely curious as to why so much audio is missing in these VN projects,
one of the main reasons im asking is I would to love help some of you guys out. I fancy a bit of audio engineering, more of a hobby than anything really, i even compose music.
Seems like there are a lot of great like minded people in this community and id love to be part of it :)

Last edited:

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Why is that guys?
is it intentional?

Was thinking maybe people were leaving out audio to keep file size down... but honestly i really hope that isnt the case.
For example: Just having the sounds of birds in the background on a outdoor scene makes a dramatic difference; however i can understand why people would be leaving it out. There is sound everywhere we go IRL, to mimic that would seriously increase the time and complexity of a project and could potentially stifle creativity/project flow.

uhhh...
Did i just answer my own questions? lol
What do you guys think? do you know the reason why?
did i guess right?

Kind of off topic but other than being extremely curious as to why so much audio is missing in these VN projects,
one of the main reasons im asking is I would to love help some of you guys out. I fancy a bit of audio engineering, more of a hobby than anything really, i even compose music.
Seems like there are a lot of great like minded people in this community and id love to be part of it :)
You can post/browse development want ads here:
Recruitment & Services

Good luck!

Reactions: Scry My Face