Comics I Roved Out in Search of Truth and Love [Tomes 1-2-3-4] [Alexis Flower]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

pyr0w

Feb 19, 2018
I appreciate being able to get these here.

That said; The compression used here has just CHEWED these up.

I have been playing around with some machine learning projects in the last year. And the Waifu2x project seemed like it could help me make some adjustments to these images. I ran these through a 3x resize and some light jpeg artifact removal setting.
And I'm quite happy with the results. I PERSONALLY think these are improvements. But I also understand that personal opinions can be different.

To be clear. This is NOT just a resize filter.
This is a GPU powered transform that takes nearly 2 MINUTES per jpg on a GTX 1080.
The result is actually a PNG that is PRETTY BIG (403kb > 11Mb). Which I had to convert BACK to jpg while trying to lose as little quality as possible.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The biggest difference is visible in the text. But overall detail increases with the file size.

The total folder size for book 1 goes from 39.6mb to 78.3mb for the highest quality (3x size) that I did. But IMO it was worth it.

Is there any interest in me uploading this?

EDIT: There may be some image smoothing going on when viewed here. So I'm including a 7z file with all 4 images.

EDIT 2: Wow. I just started reading book 2 and holy SHIT. Somehow these are compressed even WORSE! They LOOK just as bad, AND they are 4x the file size! The HIGHEST quality edits I did brought the folder size of Book 2 from 138Mb to 108Mb. Not only do they look better, but they are like 75% of the size?

Reactions: yoyomistro

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I appreciate being able to get these here.

That said; The compression used here has just CHEWED these up.

I have been playing around with some machine learning projects in the last year. And the Waifu2x project seemed like it could help me make some adjustments to these images. I ran these through a 3x resize and some light jpeg artifact removal setting.
And I'm quite happy with the results. I PERSONALLY think these are improvements. But I also understand that personal opinions can be different.

To be clear. This is NOT just a resize filter.
This is a GPU powered transform that takes nearly 2 MINUTES per jpg on a GTX 1080.
The result is actually a PNG that is PRETTY BIG (403kb > 11Mb). Which I had to convert BACK to jpg while trying to lose as little quality as possible.

The biggest difference is visible in the text. But overall detail increases with the file size.

The total folder size for book 1 goes from 39.6mb to 78.3mb for the highest quality (3x size) that I did. But IMO it was worth it.

Is there any interest in me uploading this?

EDIT: There may be some image smoothing going on when viewed here. So I'm including a 7z file with all 4 images.

EDIT 2: Wow. I just started reading book 2 and holy SHIT. Somehow these are compressed even WORSE! They LOOK just as bad, AND they are 4x the file size! The HIGHEST quality edits I did brought the folder size of Book 2 from 138Mb to 108Mb. Not only do they look better, but they are like 75% of the size?
Haven't gotten around to reading these yet, but thanks for doing this!

t727

Jan 4, 2018
As there are no reviews yet.
This looks very promising if it wern't for the "gay"-tag so how much gay is there?
Innuendo or full "male on male" things?

Fosforo

Mar 9, 2018
As there are no reviews yet.
This looks very promising if it wern't for the "gay"-tag so how much gay is there?
Innuendo or full "male on male" things?
Not much gay, no. Although to some any gay is too much gay, so...

If i remember correctly there's one gay character, 99% of the comic is straight.

Reactions: t727

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Not much gay, no. Although to some any gay is too much gay, so...

If i remember correctly there's one gay character, 99% of the comic is straight.
That is correct, here's a summery:
Book 1: 4 out of all frames (sucking)
Book 2: 0 out of all frames
Book 3: 2 out of all frames (sucking)
Book 4: 1 out of all frames (sucking)
Book 5: 0 out of all frames
Book 6: 0 out of all frames

The art in this comic is stunning. My screen resolution does not do this justice...

BigLoada

Mar 15, 2018
Can anyone explain why the versions I have are by Rupert Everton? Very confusing. o_O

PMR

Mar 9, 2018
Honestly i wish i could like this, but the style and it just being some grand overall arching story with elves makes me kind of zone out, more kudos to those that like it though.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes