VN I started developing a RPGM game

RoyalRust

May 14, 2017
Hi! I'm creating a game. The game setting is a mix of fantasy and sci-fi. The aim is to tell an exciting story and explore concepts of love and AI. At the same time, I am making some commentary on contemporary and past events, social values, and various other existential subjects through allegory.

I want to have lewd stuff in there but I can't afford to hire an artist at the moment. At the current moment, it's a poor man's VN made with RPG maker and without any visuals. I hope to get some feedback and advice on it. I have no idea how to advertise an adult-oriented game with adult themes. So I thought f95 might be a good place to start.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
The aim is to tell an exciting story
site may be able to assist with that.
I am making some commentary on contemporary and past events, social values, and various other existential subjects through allegory.
Make it optional, people will come to you to play your game first and foremost.
I want to have lewd stuff in there but I can't afford to hire an artist at the moment.
Then perhaps a wiser choice would be switching to Renpy instead, and learning to use programs like Daz and the like.
At least, for now.
I hope to get some feedback and advice on it.
I doubt you need advice for default rpgmaker assets.
I have no idea how to advertise
Don't need that, especially when you just started.
Publish the game on F95 and it will advertise itself.

• Angry
Reactions: 246 and Banality

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
take the advice with DAZ but scrap RenPy. you want to make a GAME... then RPGM is the choice (or WolfRPG).
if you want to tell a story than RenPy could be better... but even that can be done in RPGM. Get DAZ Studio... it is for free and many assets are shared here.

RoyalRust

May 14, 2017
take the advice with DAZ but scrap RenPy. you want to make a GAME... then RPGM is the choice (or WolfRPG).
if you want to tell a story than RenPy could be better... but even that can be done in RPGM. Get DAZ Studio... it is for free and many assets are shared here.
I considered RenPy but I don't know how to code. I tried learning python but I didn't make it very far in even learning the basics. So being as I can't code worth a damn the ideas I wanted to implement, like some combat stuff and whatnot were way out of the scope of what I could figure out how to do with RenPy. So RPG maker has turned out to be a good choice here. I still struggle with their Events system but it's easier to understand than Python code. I have a time system and made a clock display using the game engine events. It's not perfect but it works.