I swear there was a thread about RPGM games not scaling to fill window.

Jan 31, 2022
I have been searching all afternoon for this thread I read that was linked in an RPGM game where RPGM games, when the window is maximized, not full screen, will just leave the game as a small square in the middle of a black field inside the window.

If I'm just crazy, how do you get these games to scale the content with the maximized window? I have maybe 4 or 5 downloaded games that this is happening with but i'd have to go back through and test them to recall.
One is The Agnietta...

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Here is the deal, some rpgm run in exclusive fullscreen instead of borderless window.
Which means that they mess with your native screen resolution and in some cases it smashes the game into a small square in the middle depending on what monitor/tv you are using.

In my case this only happens when using my TV screen, when the game goes into fullscreen it enables a new option called widemode that can be found by using the tv controller actionmenu, if mess with it:
Normal = small screen
Full1 = stretches the game into fullscreen.

Another solution if you can't find widemode in your screen is to use a third party software to "resize any window" in windows, you can google for that as there are plenty of different options available.
This will also prevent this issue but the first solution is better imo so really try to check your screen settings first.

Last edited:
Reactions: BunnygirlBoobies