[R>Programmer] [R>Voice] I want to gather up a team to create revolutionary AI games)

aDDont

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2020
Hey everyone!

I wrote a post about my writing services, but didn't receive any worthy offers, so I started working on my own project. I deepen my knowledge about AI and create a couple of Loras, you can find and download them for free on my page at . I use artificial intelligence to generate images for my art. The standard problems still exist, such as relative inconsistency, but overall, it's turning out pretty good (in my opinion, it’s even better than in most games).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One huge plus is that generating these images takes significantly less time than manually drawing them. Ideally, I would like to add some manual touches, but I can't do that myself, so I'll just try to make the art as beautiful as possible and wish that models will get better in the future.

Currently, I have 45 images ready for a small demo, as well as around 2500 words of text that need to be put together to create a simple game with a linear storyline.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As an alternative, I'm considering creating a comic because I'm not sure if I'll find someone interested and motivated enough to not abandon the project after just five minutes. If I don't find a team in the next couple of weeks, I'll create a comic and figure out what to do next.

If the demo/comic will be interesting to people, then I want to create a longer game with a variable storyline. The fact that creating art is easier and faster will work in my favor, and it will be cheaper too. Additionally, I plan on using characters from chatGPT as part of the implementation of the longer version, which will help with writing text. The AI can't come up with a plot, so I'll guide it and polish the results it generates.

I assume that specific events can be "ordered" by patrons and the community in order to build our own fan base and provide the exact content that people want to see (it really upsets me when I expect one thing from screenshots and ideas of a game, but end up with some horror and a meager set of art).

On , I'll also share my own loras (these are hypernetworks that help with the generating of arts) and text prompts. In theory, over time, interested parties can join and create their own "mods" in the same style, ensuring the development of the project into greater variability of ideas and tags.

The ultimate idea is to create a game with stable characters and relatively full freedom of action, where the player can "talk" to the game using chatGPT or a similar application about what they're going to do, and then the game will generate the world's reactions, character responses, and images of what's happening. That’s in the future)

Here's the link to my , and here's the link to my . I'm looking for a developer/team who wants to learn new things and work with me on this revolutionary project. It's going to be legen.. DARY! tough doing it alone :)

Wishing you all peace and a great day!

DreamingAway

Aug 24, 2022
Everything you've talked about in this thread is doable to make a quick vertical slice of a game in renpy and get use feedback..

For voice you can even use ElevenLabs (Free Account) to start making really great audio clips for your characters without paying through AI as well.

This all achievable by yourself if you keep your milestones modest and spend a little extra time on it. You've basically plugged all your gaps with AI / existing frameworks.

Until you wrote this..

The ultimate idea is to create a game with stable characters and relatively full freedom of action, where the player can "talk" to the game using chatGPT or a similar application about what they're going to do, and then the game will generate the world's reactions, character responses, and images of what's happening. That’s in the future)
There is no easy way to do this for a patreon funded game today.
This will require a huge amount of work.. and has a ton of risk / unknowns to solve / potential unsolvable problems that you don't have with the rest of your post.

I would encourage you to leverage a local LLM (ChatGPT will whine about anything lewd) to help write out your branching dialogue quickly.. and create a vertical slice of your game.

Avoid any features or design decisions that will lead to failure. Not sure you even need a team.. you've already got a team of AI friends to help you.. ;)

Most of all - have fun.

Reactions: aDDont

aDDont

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2020
You've talked about many technical issues, but nothing about how the game will be.

AI is a very interesting tool, but it has to be used with purpose.

Sure we're going to have dialogue-generating games, but the racy tone, controversial topics and everything else has to be generated by someone.
Oh, actually, you are right) I posted basic idea of what I want to create here - post, in general, I would like to make a game about slow self-corruption, if that makes sence.
The point is that the mh will be making decisions by her own volition, no blackmailing, or unconsent stuff. She just slowly become more and more open to her ideas of a ways to gain pleasure.

In demo there won't be any choices - it will be a straight story.
In the second game I think there will be some choices, and points of different corruption, which will lead to different scenes and endings. And maybe there would be some "mastery" points which will affect the scene too, for example she can learn how to dance before, and the next scene with dancing will be hotter.

And the last one:
There is no easy way to do this for a patreon funded game today.
I thought about some boundaries, like if we make a predefined model, with predefined Loras, with predefined promts and predefined seed, and allow players to change only a couple of things, there is a huge posibility, that every generation will be most likely pretty decent.

Like for example we have a prompt "1girl, dancing, red shirt, long red hair, long black skirt, street, moonlight, blah blah blah", and give the player an oportuninty to choose a clothes before, from a set of options (like skirt, pants, shorts, jeans, stockings), we'll just add them to the prompt instead of default ones, and voila we have almost the same scene with different set of clothes.

It will be much harder with poses, that certain. But at least we can give a player the opportunity to choose what they like - thick or skinny, plump or athletic, long or short hair, big or small breasts etc.

So little by little) It'll obviously take time, but I guess if add one feature at a time it could work)

user220

Nov 2, 2021
hi, just polluting your topic a bit, but before doing that, I also aim to manage and produce an AI driven game, more complex than visual novel, but not today. For now, AI require time and flexibility for it's creation especially the explicit part. It will be even harder for AI gam to be accepted and praised by players, little less by paying players.

By polluting i meant, you might wanna restyle/clear up your topic a bit. I tried reading and understanding what exactly are your needs and requirements, it got me confused within your experience/work/ambitions. Even the text sample you provided isn't organized in a readible style.. Besides that, text is always easier and cheaper to find than coding, or art. As you said, you got unworthy offers for your work, but yet you don't share a clear offer for this requirement.

My advice would be, if you can't clean up your requirements and offer, it would be challenging for you to attract someone.
Regardless that, good luck on your projects!

hotel36

Sep 12, 2017
I had 2 years experience as C# backend developer and one year as consultant title (so a little managing skill), but when it comes to gaming fields (unity, 3d, object, rpgm,...) guess I'm at beginner level.

My strength is similar to many other beginning level dev out there that I had a base knowledge on coding, problem researching and solving, young and urge to learn new things,... so that if you could give me enough resource to improve myself then I won't be a burden.

My issue is that I'm living in GTM +7 location, if you have a huge gap with my time zone, that could be an issue because when I got stuck, I cannot get any support and prevent me from interact with our team.

As an asian guy, I prefer eastern art style more than western, I do have a (boring) stable job so sometimes I will prioritize my job, I'm bound to no string and could do it for free if there are enough support from you to help me learn things.

Below is what I would expect from you:
- New tech is a plus
- Mentor require
- Clear goal
- Interesting project
- Friendly and professional
- Gaming/IT background and has successfully launched a game

Your post didn't look good enough in my opinion, but, I won't say that your dream is impossible, as a beginning level, we're nothing more than an explorer I guess.

So if you could satisfied all my expectations, and accept both my strength and issue then why not give it a try.

I will have a business trip to EU in the next 2 weeks and will spend most of my time on my company's laptop so don't expect my response in that time if your message is later than Saturday.

aDDont

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2020
Thanks everyone for your suggestions) I found a developer, we started working on demo, found a couple of holes and mistakes, and fixing em. We will share the demo soon)
Thanks again!

aDDont

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2020
If you need a Male voice in the game, I will gladly help. It would also give me more experience as a newcomer.
Thank you for the offer) For now we are redoing almost all of the stuff I creating earlier, because we didn't like the outcome) But I hope we will make something soon, and after that, maybe we will need a male voice actor)

Mark Macabre

Aug 14, 2021
Thank you for the offer) For now we are redoing almost all of the stuff I creating earlier, because we didn't like the outcome) But I hope we will make something soon, and after that, maybe we will need a male voice actor)
I can also lend my experience in music if needed, so shoot me a message if you find something you might need my skills for :)

Ahegaosm

Oct 13, 2021
Looking forward to an open world dating sim with procedural town, procedural characters and AI powered discussions fully uncensored. Characters should have a randomly assigned personality, their own living space and wardrobe, and there should be all taboos available in some form or another at least through modding. For the procedural world and character generation you could create a bunch of modular assets using stable diffusion and let your code decide random ones that fit the character based on their age, gender and personality. Hope we can also make use of the new trans tags that are coming to f95 ;)

arknun

Sep 4, 2022
If at some point you need help, I'm a data scientist so i know a lot about IA. I also have a big programming background, if you need any help send me a message.