2D I want to improve my art, what do you think of my latest version? Any tips?

Linefield

Feb 21, 2020
Don't abuse blur or airbrush tool, or at least learn how to use them properly.

The shading and lighting are pretty bad, but there are plenty of tutorials on internet to fix those. Try to understand why the shadow or light is there and the actual shape in 3D.

Utilize line weight

if you don't understand how to draw some part of the body (ex: your collarbone and hair), do some research.

some part of the third picture like the left hand and the bang are suspiciously similar to the second picture, never trace from your previous work if you want to improve, or at least find a better artwork to trace with.

Draw more gesture, never stuck doing the same pose over and over again.

Reactions: YioruYioru

ParkG

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Great improvements, even from 1st to 2nd. The 3rd one is definitely the best, with sharper line art and more details, and a more balanced shoulder proportions! Do you have other artworks/character art?

YioruYioru

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
Great improvements, even from 1st to 2nd. The 3rd one is definitely the best, with sharper line art and more details, and a more balanced shoulder proportions! Do you have other artworks/character art?
Not yet, this is just a test I'm doing...

As soon as I define the final look of my main character for version 0.4 I will work with other characters.

ParkG

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Sounds great! Feel free to keep up with the progress. Also might be a good time to update your game's banner image with your latest artwork to attract more interested eyes!

Reactions: YioruYioru

Grim Fantasia

May 13, 2021
Wow, great improvements! Looks really great! :)

I especially like the shape and coloring of the body in the third one. However, something about the eyes appears to be strange. The direction they are looking maybe? It seems like she squints or looks at something very, very close to her. Idk if this is intended?
Nails could also provide a lot more detail to the hands.

That's just the two things I personally noticed. Keep up the good work!

YioruYioru

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
Wow, great improvements! Looks really great! :)

I especially like the shape and coloring of the body in the third one. However, something about the eyes appears to be strange. The direction they are looking maybe? It seems like she squints or looks at something very, very close to her. Idk if this is intended?
Nails could also provide a lot more detail to the hands.

That's just the two things I personally noticed. Keep up the good work!
Thanks, I will pay attention to these details you mentioned.

yurikan

Jun 11, 2018
I like it a lot, there's a lot of progress since the first version. Ashley the Pirate is an interesting setting too- I am playing it right now.

I'm learning to draw using Clip Studio Paint currently and seeing your progress is encouraging. Keep it up!

YioruYioru

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
Don't abuse blur or airbrush tool, or at least learn how to use them properly.

The shading and lighting are pretty bad, but there are plenty of tutorials on internet to fix those. Try to understand why the shadow or light is there and the actual shape in 3D.

Utilize line weight

if you don't understand how to draw some part of the body (ex: your collarbone and hair), do some research.

some part of the third picture like the left hand and the bang are suspiciously similar to the second picture, never trace from your previous work if you want to improve, or at least find a better artwork to trace with.

Draw more gesture, never stuck doing the same pose over and over again.
Thanks! I had not seen your comment before, I apologize for this.:giggle:

I will research more about line weight, I was trying to find the correct term to search for this.

I am very grateful for the tips! ;) (y)

YioruYioru

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
I like it a lot, there's a lot of progress since the first version. Ashley the Pirate is an interesting setting too- I am playing it right now.

I'm learning to draw using Clip Studio Paint currently and seeing your progress is encouraging. Keep it up!
Thanks! I also use Clip Studio Paint to draw!(y)