I want to make an adult A-RPG, some ideas?

Mano_Muerta

Jun 25, 2020
like a month ago I made a post asking for help to make a relatively simple 2d project which I ended up abandoning when I realized that I suck at drawing instead I'm pretty decent in 3d so I want to make an A-RPG nsfw game, but I want to listen to the ideas of the community if I want to do something fairly decent and fun to play, so if anyone wants to leave an idea of any kind here, it is entirely welcome

I already have a script and some designs but I want to hear some people’s ideas to make it the better game as possible

TweakTiny

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2019
The thing comes to mind is a Newgrounds game I played like 20 years ago or so (memory is failing, don't really remember the title). You play as a poacher carefully walking through the jungle and shoot incoming indigenous inhabitants that chase after you to rape you in the ass. It was pretty fun and simple game (at least from what I remember). Not sure if you have a magic/sword or machine gun type of ARPG in mind (since you mentioned you already have initial design), but I'd be intrigued to see a survival game along those lines. I would, however, focus heavily on blocking out the game first and figuring out the mechanics before doing any sort of 3d modelling. Basically, if you manage to make a game fun to play with just boxes & capsules then it's an enormous win. And then you can just hotswap all game objects with prettier models.

Reactions: Mano_Muerta

Mano_Muerta

Jun 25, 2020
The thing comes to mind is a Newgrounds game I played like 20 years ago or so (memory is failing, don't really remember the title). You play as a poacher carefully walking through the jungle and shoot incoming indigenous inhabitants that chase after you to rape you in the ass. It was pretty fun and simple game (at least from what I remember). Not sure if you have a magic/sword or machine gun type of ARPG in mind (since you mentioned you already have initial design), but I'd be intrigued to see a survival game along those lines. I would, however, focus heavily on blocking out the game first and figuring out the mechanics before doing any sort of 3d modelling. Basically, if you manage to make a game fun to play with just boxes & capsules then it's an enormous win. And then you can just hotswap all game objects with prettier models.
hey I played the same game, it was fun

also, thanks for the tips, concentrating first on having a solid base from which to build the game is definitely the best idea

Reactions: TweakTiny

LjQujd

Jul 18, 2020
Can you not share at least a vague synopsis of the script? Would be better for us to make an idea out of that. Besides, have you tried the "cAn't say It out loud" thing everyone is using for generating pretty much anything these days?

Mano_Muerta

Jun 25, 2020
Can you not share at least a vague synopsis of the script? Would be better for us to make an idea out of that. Besides, have you tried the "cAn't say It out loud" thing everyone is using for generating pretty much anything these days?
sure, a summary of the plot is that you are a girl in the sengoku period of japan, one day an enemy clan attacks your village, they kill all the men in the village and kidnap all the women to enslave them so you have to defeat the invaders and then infiltrate their lands to get revenge

I would like to say more but I don't want to seem like a charlatan who only promises and doesn't deliver

eugeneloza

Jan 2, 2022
IMHO, the best way to flesh out gamedesign for a game - play a few "similar games", write down a "wishlist" of what could have been changed to make them better and make this wishlist into your game idea :D For this specific game genre I guess you can look at Skyrim (of course with... mods) and Heroine Rescue Team; check some SFW games of the genre; don't limit yourself to strictly 3D games, you are looking at game mechanics, not at art style. Think of what you can change/improve, then play the game "in your head" for a while, write down every idea that you come up with (and don't be afraid to throw away 50% of them later).

Reactions: Mano_Muerta

Mano_Muerta

Jun 25, 2020
IMHO, the best way to flesh out gamedesign for a game - play a few "similar games", write down a "wishlist" of what could have been changed to make them better and make this wishlist into your game idea :D For this specific game genre I guess you can look at Skyrim (of course with... mods) and Heroine Rescue Team; check some SFW games of the genre; don't limit yourself to strictly 3D games, you are looking at game mechanics, not at art style. Think of what you can change/improve, then play the game "in your head" for a while, write down every idea that you come up with (and don't be afraid to throw away 50% of them later).
Hello, the truth is that I already had a similar idea and in fact, I am playing Sekiro and dark souls again to see what mechanics I could replicate and implement in my game.

but I must thank you for the recommendation to play Skyrim as well, besides that I was not aware of the existence of Heroine Rescue Team, I think that this game will help me not to be too ambitious and better analyze my capabilities as a solo developer

Reactions: eugeneloza

Mano_Muerta

Jun 25, 2020
How about Honey Select platform, models? I think You can do some animations here, plus various scenes. Plot based on FF7 game, for example.
P.S. Don't know how other devs put it in a game. But they do it with Koikatsu on RPGM platform, like in this game ( https://f95zone.to/threads/sword-ar...oncealed-magic-2023-05-31-part1-fujino.154352 )
hello, thx for the idea but I'm already a 3d animator so I don't have a problem making my models from zero, but thx for the recommendation again