I wonder why every damn University themed ( = "inspired" by BaDIK) game is an utter failure

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Guys, honestly,

I THINK that every damn BaDIK clone - you can say: "inspired by", if you want - I've seen in these years is damn utter crap. Every University themed game that came out after BaDIK is a complete failure.

I guess all these Devs totally fail to grasp what makes Being a DIK the great VN/game it is. I WONDER WHY. Didn't they play it?

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Any opinions?

(my 2 cents: it's NOT a question of plot) :sneaky:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
What makes you think that game created the genre? School/uni themed games/anime are old as fuck...
Because it did. I'm talking about Patreon funded College students' games, I'm not talking about high school students labeled as college students because of Patreon rules, dude.

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
University of Problems is good. BaD's girls are pretty boring tbh, looks wise. Just your average hip/titty mutants. I need my petito girls, so UoP is superior.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Because it did.
Well your own misplaced beliefs are your answer. They are a failure to you because you are expecting them to be something they probably were never meant to be.

There have been plenty of college games before and there will be plenty more to come, that's just a very generic setting that has nothing to do with being inspired by one game or another.

In fact if you wanted to find a more defining fator for being a dik is the hability to be a dick, and that also isn't anything original, its basically just the old bioware/bethesda formula.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
Maybe because BaDIK isn't as good as its fans believe. A knockoff of something that's already mediocre is obviously going to be bad.

katabasi

Jun 6, 2017
i wonder why people generalize everything especially when their knowledge about what they r trying to talk about is pretty abysmal