I'd like to create my own 3D game with another person, but...

Noxusa

Mar 12, 2019
Hey everyone!

I've been wanting to make a game of my own for a while now. I know my strength and weaknesses. I'm good at writing and figuring out storylines, but I'm terrible at visuals. Sure, I could learn it, but that will take up so much time. It's better to focus on the things that I am good at and let those shine. That means I would need someone who's good at 3D visuals and animation.

Is there anyone on the site who's skilled at creating renders (like Man of the House, Milfy City,...) who would like to create a game with a writer?

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
The problem here is that there are a lot of people who are good at writing but not a lot of people who are good at creating visuals. The only way this would work is if you paid for the visuals. No many people are going to enjoy making art under someone else's direction unless it's a commission.

The art is over half the work. Hell, based on my own game, something like 85% of the time is spent on the visuals and the rest on code/writing. Most of these games aren't literary masterpieces and the bar for writing is pretty low.

Fortunately for you, creating 3D art with Daz studio is not difficult, it's just time consuming. Within 6 months you could actually get pretty good with it. There are a decent amount of tutorials out there and a lot of helpful devs in this community you can reach out to.

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
Hey everyone!

I've been wanting to make a game of my own for a while now. I know my strength and weaknesses. I'm good at writing and figuring out storylines, but I'm terrible at visuals. Sure, I could learn it, but that will take up so much time. It's better to focus on the things that I am good at and let those shine. That means I would need someone who's good at 3D visuals and animation.

Is there anyone on the site who's skilled at creating renders (like Man of the House, Milfy City,...) who would like to create a game with a writer?
The best think that i can suggest you is to make a post in the Recruitment area , here the link with all the rules whare you can find all templates :
https://f95zone.to/threads/please-read-before-posting.31743/

Maybe there you could find somebody interested to you requests , that needs a good writer ; of course , like wrote Domiek before than me , a developer usually begins the work from the Art part, not from the writing side.
Before an Artist try to imagine is scene , putting all ideas in a picture ( the speech here can be really long , not possible to solve it in a few words ) , but in every case i can only wish to go on with your project and to find somebody that can help you with it

Noxusa

Mar 12, 2019
The problem here is that there are a lot of people who are good at writing but not a lot of people who are good at creating visuals. The only way this would work is if you paid for the visuals. No many people are going to enjoy making art under someone else's direction unless it's a commission.

The art is over half the work. Hell, based on my own game, something like 85% of the time is spent on the visuals and the rest on code/writing. Most of these games aren't literary masterpieces and the bar for writing is pretty low.

Fortunately for you, creating 3D art with Daz studio is not difficult, it's just time consuming. Within 6 months you could actually get pretty good with it. There are a decent amount of tutorials out there and a lot of helpful devs in this community you can reach out to.
Within 6 months? Not too bad actually. So does this include making backgrounds too?

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018

Noxusa

Mar 12, 2019
Everything. Time to learn obviously varies person to person and it's a never ending cycle of learning and improving. But if you want to make your own game, you'll likely find more success doing the whole thing rather than only bringing writing to the table.

https://f95zone.to/threads/the-bloo-guide-2019-01-30.1636/
I've done 2D animation actually, drawing everything by hand but it looks so horrible lol. But I suppose it'll help somehow.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Within 6 months you could actually get pretty good with it. There are a decent amount of tutorials out there and a lot of helpful devs in this community you can reach out to.
Can confirm this. Hadn't even touched Daz (or indeed Renpy) before I decided to make a little game. Six months you can become pretty proficient. Really. It doesn't even need a NASA rig to be honest.

I'd also add that doing the visuals separate to the story isn't necessarily a great idea as they work better in combination. A glance over a shoulder with a piece of dialogue has much more meaning than if the character was saying it straight on etc.

Noxusa

Mar 12, 2019
Can confirm this. Hadn't even touched Daz (or indeed Renpy) before I decided to make a little game. Six months you can become pretty proficient. Really. It doesn't even need a NASA rig to be honest.

I'd also add that doing the visuals separate to the story isn't necessarily a great idea as they work better in combination. A glance over a shoulder with a piece of dialogue has much more meaning than if the character was saying it straight on etc.
Don't you need to buy upgrade packs? I remember installing Daz 3D a while ago and it didn't have many options. I had added all the possible free cosmetics.

sofwhite1

Dec 23, 2017
i'd like to make a game with someone but i can't right too good. not too interested in 3d rendering either. i am down to program weird shit for ya.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Don't you need to buy upgrade packs? I remember installing Daz 3D a while ago and it didn't have many options. I had added all the possible free cosmetics.
You can buy assets from Daz store, find freebies online, or just find free .obj models and import them. If you're serious about making a game, expect to pay money and sink in a lot of time.

Simply having a story is of very little value. If you do manage to convince someone to do this for you as a profit share, expect them to take at least 90% of patreon income to both cover their cost and represent the distribution of effort.

Making a game isn't complicated but it is a HUGE time sink. Only way to negate some cost of time is with cold hard cash. Pay for an artist, or pay for the assets and hardware to render it.

Last edited: