Idea for game mechanics

• Thread starter Deleted member 1094625
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1094625

Idea for game mechanics(for an open-world game). So, basically MC can suggest an option to walk somewhere with girl, he needs to know her interests to choose the right place and things she would do( depends on corruption level ). He can also take girl to other girl to have threesome or to his friend/friends for sharing.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I would definitely love to see more games that "focus" more on dates. Going to different places with the characters, doing activities, having conversations. Like, in bars, at the mall, at the movies, whatever. But not just like a linear event with maybe one or two choices.

Love & Sex; Second Base does it the best so far I think. It's still a bit more limited than I 'd like I think. Like you can't have sex in the place you're having date at I don't think you always come back to your bedroom in your appartment.

I also don't know of a game where "dates" don't get super repetivive but if there was a wide variety of them it wouldn't be a big issue.

Reactions: JRD
D

Deleted member 1094625

I would definitely love to see more games that "focus" more on dates. Going to different places with the characters, doing activities, having conversations. Like, in bars, at the mall, at the movies, whatever. But not just like a linear event with maybe one or two choices.

Love & Sex; Second Base does it the best so far I think. It's still a bit more limited than I 'd like I think. Like you can't have sex in the place you're having date at I don't think you always come back to your bedroom in your appartment.

I also don't know of a game where "dates" don't get super repetivive but if there was a wide variety of them it wouldn't be a big issue.
IMHO there needs to be a function to choose from 5+ places to go, also, if you've chosen wrong place(depends on girl's character) it will only damage relationship.

Reactions: TomberryDude

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I wouldn't go that far unless she really hates where you go but yeah. It should be "harder" to make it fun for her somewhere she doesn't like very much. Also, ideally it shouldn't have as much of an impact on the relationship where you go as you get further in the relationship.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
also, if you've chosen wrong place(depends on girl's character) it will only damage relationship.
It's a too harsh result for what is just a bad choice of place that don't prevent the rest of the date to still be fun and/or romantic.
It's better to give its own value to each place, then to use it to weight the good and bad choices during the date itself. Something like :
Code:
if datePlace == "classy restaurant": weight = 1.5
elif datePlace == "park":  weight = 1.0
elif datePlace == "movie theater": weight = 1.0
elif datePlace == "cheap restaurant": weight = 0.5
elif datePlace ==  "fun fair":  weight = 0.3
[...]
choice:
    "I'm really lucky to have such a beautiful girl with me today": points += 2
    "You're beautiful today": points += 1
    "Hello, hope you'll like it": points += 0
    "Hi bitch !": points -= 2
[...]
if points > 0 :  character_love_points += int( points * weight )
else: character_love_points += point + int( points * weight )
# End of the date
In the end, it's look more realistic. The date was fun, but it would have been more pleasant in a better place, or the date was even more horrible, because it was a pleasant place.

D

Deleted member 1094625

It's a too harsh result for what is just a bad choice of place that don't prevent the rest of the date to still be fun and/or romantic.
It's better to give its own value to each place, then to use it to weight the good and bad choices during the date itself. Something like :
Code:
if datePlace == "classy restaurant": weight = 1.5
elif datePlace == "park":  weight = 1.0
elif datePlace == "movie theater": weight = 1.0
elif datePlace == "cheap restaurant": weight = 0.5
elif datePlace ==  "fun fair":  weight = 0.3
[...]
choice:
    "I'm really lucky to have such a beautiful girl with me today": points += 2
    "You're beautiful today": points += 1
    "Hello, hope you'll like it": points += 0
    "Hi bitch !": points -= 2
[...]
if points > 0 :  character_love_points += int( points * weight )
else: character_love_points += point + int( points * weight )
# End of the date
In the end, it's look more realistic. The date was fun, but it would have been more pleasant in a better place, or the date was even more horrible, because it was a pleasant place.
I actually like your idea. You also need to know a girl to save the date, so it will be structurally more interesting game.
Btw I think that I'll end NTR/Anti-NTR or sharing debate, you can simply choose the way of the relationship.