• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ideas how to find which assets are used in promo images?

subapartment

Jul 28, 2022
(Reposted, the first post went into a wrong forum)

I find it frustrating (and a bit unethical toward other vendors, but that's not really my problem) that vendors don't identify which assets are being used in their promo images. For example, has this awesome face that is used in multiple of their hair products:

However, I have found no mention of what's the asset for the face/character. I've gone through what must be a few hundred character assets so far and can't find the match. It's possible it's a proprietary one used by the author for model shoots, but with that kind of a face, it would make a lot of sense to sell it (especially given the synergy and exposure when used in their own hair assets).

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated, as are hints as to how to try to identify an asset in promo photos in the future.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Some of them do have it, but yeah most don't which can be annoying.

For characters in promo picks though you can often find the one they used by looking up the supported models, mentioned in 'Whats included and features' part.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for trying to find hair/clothes used in promo picks.

subapartment

Jul 28, 2022
Some of them do have it, but yeah most don't which can be annoying.

For characters in promo picks though you can often find the one they used by looking up the supported models, mentioned in 'Whats included and features' part.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for trying to find hair/clothes used in promo picks.
I bet it's way more annoying to try to find hairs and clothes used. The model should be comparably easy, but in this case I checked every model in the supported list and I just don't think it's any of them.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
I bet it's way more annoying to try to find hairs and clothes used. The model should be comparably easy, but in this case I checked every model in the supported list and I just don't think it's any of them.
That sucks. Maybe it's a mix of a couple of the characters, which would explain why you cannot find her and why she isn't being sold (they didn't really made her).

But I will have a look in the morning her face looks really familiar, I might have her in my library.

subapartment

Jul 28, 2022
That sucks. Maybe it's a mix of a couple of the characters, which would explain why you cannot find her and why she isn't being sold (they didn't really made her).

But I will have a look in the morning her face looks really familiar, I might have her in my library.
I think you've right. I've been been looking through a huge amount of assets the past few days to brainstorm characters and I'd like to think I would have noticed if it was an exact match to something. The most likely explanation is that it's a mixture of a few characters and with a new/clean skin, which makes it even harder to compare to released characters, many of whom have extreme makeup or other skin details, plus usually a pretty dramatic lighting. Thanks in advance!

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
(Reposted, the first post went into a wrong forum)

I find it frustrating (and a bit unethical toward other vendors, but that's not really my problem) that vendors don't identify which assets are being used in their promo images. For example, has this awesome face that is used in multiple of their hair products:

However, I have found no mention of what's the asset for the face/character. I've gone through what must be a few hundred character assets so far and can't find the match. It's possible it's a proprietary one used by the author for model shoots, but with that kind of a face, it would make a lot of sense to sell it (especially given the synergy and exposure when used in their own hair assets).

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated, as are hints as to how to try to identify an asset in promo photos in the future.
A lot of asset makers have their own custom characters, used only for their promos and not sold elsewhere.

A little digging, and most people are sure this is a custom character that Goldtassel uses. Many believe it's a modded version of this asset...

Reactions: subapartment

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Yeah seems Moose_Puck is right. The promo pictures for Goldtassel are made by . He mentioned in that its a custom character he uses for promo pictures and isn't available for purchase.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
That sucks. Maybe it's a mix of a couple of the characters, which would explain why you cannot find her and why she isn't being sold
It'd be nice if they/Daz mentioned as much, though, instead of forcing any consumer to look high and low for something that may or may not exist. >_>