Ideas of Game Construction

MegamanMegas

Aug 22, 2017
INTRODUCTION

This is similar to the thread about characters design that was done earlier by a different user. So I would think you would offer this thread the level of expectations, which may be unfitting to people who don't care about such. I would therefore insist if you were attracted to this thread for any internalized reasoning if at all that it would be out of interest of what may be discussed.

Primarily, this is for the benefit of game designers/developers like Nergal, Curse Studios, and DarkCookie as well as any potential game designers/developers including existing game designers/developers I should also had included but I am lazy so I did not and I apologize for that laziness.

If you are a game designer or wish to be one and you want to pitch some ideas here for your benefit of testing and gaining insight of how those ideas may work, then you may freely do so.

Overall, I would like to state that I truly do suck at using computer language for someone who took C++ in college and passed with a B+. I do believe I can contribute with the idea and planning aspect of a game and for that I may do some good in contributing for others what they need to make something unique, interesting or at minimum an exercised thought experiment come into for-wishing simply to observe how far it can go.

So what I had in plan has nothing to do with the setting of a game as that is a depending factor of interest reserved solely for what an actual game developer would want for his or her own game. Similar to painting in which it is up to the artist to decide what to draw or how to draw.

What I have to provide is more of the elements necessary concerning the player's interface in the game environment as well as any NPCs utilized in the same environment, albeit NPCs function more under an illusion that they possess the same mechanics at work as the MC. Otherwise, you would work yourself to death making the same blunder that Bethesda has made in making Oblivion and Skyrim that was unnecessary and led to environments feeling quite bleak especially in cities and towns. By the way, I am the one who started the communication of that observation about three months after the game came out for Skyrim in case you ever wanted to know who started saying that about Skyrim. Apparently, it was well received. Hopefully, these ideas of mine that I am going to use in the first post of this thread will be equally welcomed.

So lets focus on the MC, because the NPC only needs a few characteristics to be noted about and the rest are deeply unnecessary. For the remainder of this post, I would like to highlight alignment characteristics, influencing characteristics, intelligence/perception characteristics, and experience characteristics. I will mention a few other aspects or details concerning designing your world for how the player will interact in it, but they are by large not as important. Lastly, I would like state that I am not dictating how a game should be made. Rather I am merely providing advice for what allows a game to function to its optimal performance regardless of how it is structured, albeit this is more suitable for a roleplaying or interactive style of a game rather than an action or shooter style of game play even though you can easily include those styles within one that has interactive features.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALIGNMENT CHARACTERISTICS

Now this first part is going to be very similar to the alignment process of D&D, because I have found a way you can actually make such doable in making a game that isn't D&D, you know like Summertime Saga or A Town Uncovered. So a good question would be how is alignment something you can do in a sex game or a game with sex involved and in turn impacts the game in regards to sex?

The first characteristic of discussion concerns externalization of polarity of alignment noted as Order and Chaos in a D&D setting, but can be referred to as Purity and Corruption in a non-D&D setting. This is a polarity feature which would only increase towards one alignment at the cost of another. You can be more Pure by being less Corrupt. By being more pure, you are less likely engage in wild sexual acts. This doesn't mean you don't have sex. Even pure people have sex, but the extent of sexual activity is quite narrow and follows some extent of appropriation of what is deem socially or internally acceptable by a moral basis.

The second characteristic of discussion concerns internalization of polarity of alignment noted as Good and Evil in a D&D setting, but can be referred to as Depravity and Deprivation. You can understand this in context of Star Wars between the Light and Dark sides of the force. When you engage in sexual acts more frequently, then you are being more immoral or deprave. Alternatively, engage in less sexual acts then you are depriving yourself of your basic animalistic needs. Now normally this would just be a copy and paste or possess nothing unique to itself other than a slight variation to the first polarity of alignment noted above.

Here is how both of them can be functional besides some sort of cosmetic thing. How they can function to impact the game in some meaningful way that is arbitrary or entirely unrealistic or unnecessary. Purity and Corruption can determine accessibility to certain sexual acts, which will impact you the player more so than the character unless it is a level of corruption that would be quite intense. So you might want to alter the purity and corruption of what you experience based on how boring it is or just how unsettling it could be. Meanwhile, immorality and deprivation more so impact the psychology of your character as to what you can control. Both exerted too much can lead to your character becoming psychological unstable being either a sex addict because you had sex too many times or a sexually deprived monster who loses control and rapes the first pussy or man booty near you even if it is a blood relative.

Now both can impact each other, because an intensely deprived (d) person who is also deeply pure (P) may alter a different take on the progression of story because you raped your own mother and demonstrate regret for it. Alternatively, a depraved (D) person who is corrupt (C) wouldn't care, a deprived (d) person who is corrupt (C) may care more about the act than they are about the extent of it, and a depraved (D) person who is pure (P) would be the polar opposite, caring more about the extent more so than the act.

The following are possible scenarios that could occur from the same event.

D+C = "I just raped my mom, damn that felt good."
D+P = "Oh shit! I just raped my mom, this isn't how I wanted it."
(Notice the attention is on how the rape took place, not that sex had occurred)
d+C = "Oh shit! I just raped my mom, I am so sorry I couldn't control myself."
(Notice the attention is on the sex more so than how far it went)
d+P = "Oh shit! I just raped my mom, my life is over."

So say you don't want to experience raping someone you didn't want or don't want to rape, period, then you need to balance your deprivation and depravity. Balancing your Corruption and Purity will only impact how the sex transpires, which may also include rape, but more so the extent of how the rape transpires more so than if it transpires. How far you go and what you do when you have the victim pinned.

Implementation

You can easily do this by using bar placement, compass placement (2-D chart) or colors. Pure is light while corrupt is dark, and deprived is Blue while depraved is Red across a color spectrum that has yellow in the middle.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFLUENCE CHARACTERISTICS

This aspects of a game can detail how you can better improve a certain skill or impact your performance in regards to the opinion of a certain character based on their preferences.

I have divided the following into two groups: Outward influences (details you can see or know about someone with or without interacting with them) and Inward influences (details you cannot see or know about someone with or without interacting with them, more like something you figure out about someone rather than get from their first sentence of dialogue).

Outward Influences: I group these in pairs based on their inter-related functionality. These aspects are sort of semi-permanent and are accumulated as would be the other influence aspects mentioned below. However, you will lose them over time and therefore they can function in means that makes grinding of skills sort of meaningful without anything being involved. A Town Uncovered by GeeSeki does this quite well. I want to cover the functionality of

Charm & Charisma - Charisma concerns how you initiate a conversation, while Charm concerns how you end that conversation. A person I had met on quoro had pointed out that the two are often equated as the same thing, but they really concern opposite elements of a conversation in terms of placement where they are most crucially observed. You may have been told at some point in your life of how a conversation, presentation or an essay even is a lot like a sandwich. All the yummy details are in the beginning and ending and this reflects that people have a tendency to show more interest in the initial and ending aspects of their experiences rather than the middle area. These two influences reflect that but in terms

Might and Resilience - Instead of using strength, you have two possible aspects regarding the same fundamentally over used trait. Might and Resilience. Might is how you are able to move an object, while resilience how you are able to avoid being moved. Both are essential elements in strength, but they are independently acquired and should be treated as such, plus they serve different functions depending on what you are doing. Someone with considerable might could lose something more easily because the force they exert is beyond their control or their extent of resilience. This is why the two should be noted as such.

Finesse & Agility - Instead of using dexterity, I have divided such into finesse and agility. This is similar to might and resilience as resilience is the self-control aspect in regards to might. Finesse works in the same manner in regards to agility. You can be very fast, but if you have minimal control over it, then you are more likely to find yourself in self-injurious predicaments.

Stamina & Constitution - Stamina determines how many actions you can do in one setting without any rest like in "The Twist" by KsT. Constitution is reflected by your status in the manner of speaking status ailments would matter in a fantasy RPG such as being diseased or suffering from sleep deprivation. In a generalized style of game design, constitution is the manner of which you are impacted by your environment or by an external force that determines whether you can do an action or not. Stamina is simply the natural exertion of the self that reaches a tired state. It should be noted that you should be able to recover these stats similar to health and they shouldn't necessarily contribute to a game over, unless it can function as such for the style of a game you want to make. The reason why stamina and constitution aren't the same thing besides the historical use of the two in many games such as Secret of Mana is because of what happens when you over-exert yourself in either, how you exert yourself in either, and how they differ in the outlook that will transpire. Even though this is the most restrictive trait to a character, it can be useful to illustrate realism so long as it utilized correctly. Simply noted it can impact your interactions with other characters and offer new choices that would otherwise not be available. For instance, if your character loses consciousness because you ran out of constitution you could find your MC getting raped by an NPC or a less violent occurrence in which you as the MC finds yourself being nursed or taken care of in a romantic setting by an NPC. Meanwhile exerting all of your stamina will simply make it impossible to perform any further actions of interest such as interacting with other characters. When either your stamina or constitution reaches zero, this is a likely possibility depending on other present aspects in your game. Losing stamina can also impact on how you lose constitution if you become too tired too easily (speed of using stamina impacts constitution) and losing constitution will decide on much stamina is normally exerted.

Status & Wealth - Status it the accumulation of what you have received in the game that is not in material form, while wealth is what you have acquired that is of material form. Status is such details as the opinions of others or your total proficiency in skills. It is basically the popularity stat. This means the money you could make in game can impact you more so than what you can buy. However, wealth can also be decided by what you have bought. The higher your wealth and status are the better interactions you may receive from other characters. Therefore, I believe this would function as an influencing detail to the game you can acquire for your MC, but it can also be reflected off other characters as well. However, as I have stated, the aspects of what you can have to shape your world based on who you are in a game as the MC should not be utilized with all the other characters as it is unnecessary to make everyone have wealth or popularity when it is only important to use such when it matters in the game for what is trying to accomplish and how you should experience it.

Inward Influences: Similarly, these are grouped into pairs under the same scheme. However, their progression is notably different. These states will reset and progress solely through a conversation or interaction with another character. However, your initial starting placement will differ based on the opinion you have made with another character. This can also function in similar regards to a collective (baseball team, cheerleaders, track team, D&D gamers, and even your own family as a whole) by your progression in skills. This means you can be respected as a member of a team or by a team even as a person, each and every single person hates your guts. This is probably the most immersive element to being on any sporting group involving female characters or at least the stereotype we frequent receive concerning being a member of a cheer-leading squad. I have detailed what experiences pertain to much further below in this post. Overall, this would be an interactive feature that in turn influences based on the inner workings of the character how they would progress in the game.

Boldness & Arousal - Even though you can determine arousal by the stiffness of one's dick and/or nipples, it is not something you can identify off the bat in all instances. Say they were wearing clothing that didn't make it as apparent even while having a huge dick, then you would have to know by some other means. Nevertheless, boldness is the willingness to initiate the engagement of an act while arousal is the willingness to follow in that engagement of an act. "Hey your dick is hard, that means you must be willing to follow in this act." That is exactly what that entails. Believe it or not, arousal can be just as impacting as boldness to influencing a person by how they in turn perceive you because you are willing to go along with whatever they are doing. Notice that boldness and arousal have to do with the engagement of an activity, not how it carries out after engagement as taken place.

Trust & Guilt - These two have much more to do with following an act after it has been engaged. Trust is your willingness to directly follow someone in an act or conversation, while guilt is your willing to indirectly follow someone in an act or conversation. You don't experience trust or guilt until after the fact something has been initiated. "The Manor" by Bones' Tales is a great example of how this is carried out. The difference between the two is that one involves the character making the decision to follow along while the other is made to follow along disregarding the option of having a choice.

Wisdom & Fortune - The willingness to benefit from your choices. It is amazing that luck is really nothing more than an observed benefit of your external environment or occurrences. Nevertheless, I had the concept of luck divided into two since luck has a terrible tendency to be this deposit trope/cliche of excess potential. Instead, it functions very differently accumulating to offer the possible outcome in a realm of uncertainty derived either from internalizing aspects of the character (wisdom) or externalized occurrences that happen to the character (fortune).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTELLIGENCE CHARACTERISTICS

Now I consider intelligence to be its own thing rather than a stat you can pair up with agility, charisma or strength as demonstrated in certain dating sims and Summertime Saga.

There are nine types of intelligence and I will cover what they are about and how they can be useful to allow maximum opportunity to reflect what the player can do in perceiving information. Remember, intelligence is really just about information and how it is processed. Charm and Charisma have more importance of how information is delivered rather than how it is received and individual skills reflect actual proficiency with tasks.

Spacial - Detail recognition. Noticing a certain visual centered bit of information that can be important for how the story progresses. "Hey does that girl have huge breasts?" That bit in your brain that allows you to recognize boob or penis size is your spacial intelligence. Spacial intelligence is also how detect beauty in art as well.

Kinesthetic - Physical humanistic-related recognition. Noticing details related to the human body. This can be how you notice such huge boobs or penis must be a pain for the individual.

Musical - Pattern recognition. Even though music is entirely sound related, you can also have recognition of patterns in things other than sound such as visual pattern recognition and information pattern recognition. The utility of this is the aesthetic use of it, which in turn creates music when it concerns sound. It can also be utilized when it comes to backtracking information when it becomes apparent to be reflect a pattern like behavior.

Interpersonal - Social humanistic-related recognition. Noticing aspects about other people and the relationship element. So being very highly noted in this intelligence is extremely useful with tasks that involve socialization, therefore it works very well with both Charm and Charisma. However, you have a lot of interpersonal skill without much regard for charm or charisma for a person who is more investigative or keenly aware of factors related to other people in his or her environment. For the record, some of you may have realized this, but my own interpersonal intelligence is piss ass poor. Good thing I have enough intrapersonal intelligence to not be ignorant about that.

Intrapersonal - Self-reflective recognition. Acknowledging that you are horny is a good to put it. So if you want to allow players to make their character so incredibly stupid or naive then you would allow that game play to be reflected by how low their intrapersonal intelligence is. I consider this to be the most fun aspect of intelligence, because you can really play a lot of possible scenarios for the player to play out due to this one aspect of intellgience.

Linguistic - Language recognition. Acknowledging the meaning of words and how they are utilized by another person. This has nothing to do with roles and relations between people, rather just the words that are used.

Logical - Cause and Effect recognition. Math, Science and History all reflect this intelligence even though it is most noted and important when it concerns mathematics. Logic is what we think of as intelligence even though it is just one of nine possible ways information can be received.

Existential - Metaphysical recognition. This one is the least important unless you want a game involving aliens, demons, ghost, angels or things beyond the player's control that the player becomes or can become aware of. It is basically an intelligence of knowing the world beyond just yourself. A lot of people reflect this or regard this as the intelligence that allows you to be spiritual or know there is a god, but it is actually just an intelligence that allows you to perceive information at a level of detail that is most distant or abstract from the self. Basically, it is the opposite of intrapersonal intelligence for how it functions.

Naturalist - Systemic recognition. Similar to how musical intelligence can reflect things without sound which is why deaf people can have as much musical intelligence or even more musical intelligence than someone who had adequate hearing, naturalistic intelligence does not have to consider aspects found in nature. However, it is most noted to be about nature. So knowing about reproduction would be a fundamental aspect found from naturalistic intelligence. If a girl came up to you and you suspect she is horny, that would come from a naturalist prospect of intelligence rather than how which would come from an interpersonal prospect of intelligence.

Interestingly you can utilize these aspects of intelligence in cool ways allowing access to certain spells if you are making a world where magic is involved or certain super powers if super powers are involved. For instance, greater kinesthetic intelligence can reflect greater physical ability such as super strength, super speed or super reflexes. Interpersonal intelligence can offer telepathy and naturalistic intelligence enables power of nature. So there is more application than just availability of choices or aspects of game play derived around perception and acquiring information from what you are doing or what is going on around you.

Intelligence isn't something you acquire, it is something you have and becomes more apparent as you demonstrate such through skill or complexity of task. You are as intelligent as you are from birth as you are later in life. Funny thing to note, even though facilitation of intelligence is genetic (as oppose to the perception of intelligence which is entirely nurture and culture related), it is quite often disregarded as such. Besides the fact intelligence is or should be a permanent feature, it is also extremely complex as noted and therefore should be its own category of traits or features about a character rather than a generalized skill or talent.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXPERIENCE CHARACTERISTICS

These aspects determine the progression of events either derived from the story, skills or character. Something DarkCookie could utilized so you don't try to court the Aunt and discover you are stuck trying to improve a single stat because you cannot progress any further. This doesn't mean the skill isn't important, but it means that the extent of interactions will be restricted to some extent, not in anyway that breaks the immersion of the game.

Explanation: Now I have been playing RPG games since I was three, which means about thirty years worth of my own experience in this area, but it always troubled me how experience was regarded as a single construct. So I have always considered experience being divided into three possible areas as noted from a typical fantasy environment (story progression in the RPG, class progression through quests or certain choice in a story-derived quest, and lastly character progression which has more to do with yourself and the environment). It would be the build up of these three factors that in turn shape what you become and therefore allowing freedom to develop yourself as you see fit while also allowing progression towards a goal that you sought after. What I did here is take that same idea but convert into something more appropriate for either fantasy or modernity derived stories.

Destiny - Factor derived from progression in the story that in turn acts as a factor influencing Story-Centered Chance Encounters. The reason why I suggest this mechanic is because it allows the player to have more freedom to engage in the world than just follow a very linear progression, while at the same time not developing a total open-world environment which is a terrible idea in terms of building a game unless you are using it to illustrate a story. Therefore, if your game isn't suppose to be utilized to make a story convenient for the player to make for his or her own purposes. If it is not suppose to be Sex Scrolls and it is not suppose to be Virtual Novel, then this is a good middle ground approach that offers realism within a confined and doable environment. It also means the story elements will be kind of scattered and this will allow some openness as well as quality to the game making it have more replay value to it. This is very ideal if you want to make a game that can continue glue people in as you spend months developing it and you don't want to follow a single narrative or don't want to make that open world environment that is very difficult to make in a team of a few people. Although if you are making or want to make a virtual novel, you can use destiny to point out points in your decision that reflect how far you were able to go before you reach an ending. As for an open world, destiny would be notably restrictive factor, but it can be utilized to open up features at certain locations at the same time it is being restrictive. You know like what they could had done at Kvatch in which even though the story will require a momentary lost of access to certain areas in the "city" due to the portal, you should have an increased access or a newly included access to something else in return. I wanted to point those bits out, because it is still doable to utilize even if you were going a different route with how someone could make a story.

Reputation - Factor derived from skill. This will also grant access to certain events, but are not related to story.

Opinion - Factor derived from interactions with a specified individual. This determines your progression with a character and therefore access to that character in the interactions you can take part in, but it doesn't impact story as much.

Recap: Experience is utilized to open up possible choices or events that unique for the player to experience. Destiny reflects whatever story you put into the game with the story either being scattered about in the game, direction in the story in terms of where you end up at, or how the world changed based on what you do in the story. Reputation would allow you access to side-stories (akin to side-quests). Opinion would allow you to do more with that specific character you are interacting with. These factors have both independent and dependent relations with each other.

For instance, if you open up an area (or reach a certain point in the story) because of how you progress in the story, then you would have more possible side-quests or events not immediately related to the story as a result. Alternatively, if you progress with the opinion of a certain character, then that alters the outcome you have from the choices available during a story event or side event in the game.
MISC.

Other possible factors to consider that are not as important unless it is for the feel or level of immersion of the game are stats that in turn influence the stats already mentioned. Like you want to show how hungry or sleepy someone was. This might be ideal if you are making a game like Sissy Maker in which you want survival stats to be important and hold more prominence in detailing aspects of concern for the player. It is not necessarily if you don't want to put investment into aspects not essential for what you want the player to get out of it. As noted, sometimes more is less. So anything addition would really be the privy of what you want out of your own game that differs it rather than a fully constructed game that allows the maximum output you can achieve from it regardless of what is in it.

Personality Perks and details I haven't included, because that is a depending factor a person should have if they want any in their game. However, these can help reflect on how certain other aspects as noted above can function. For instance, you are afraid of the dark is a personality perk you have chosen for yourself. Your constitution will decrease more rapidly than it otherwise would. So this can be a fun away or orientating your character to fit a certain play style in customization before engaging into the actual game it self. Noted that personality perks are likely to be permanent and therefore likely not to hold value to them other than they exist and can impact your MC. They are better suitable for how other characters might act and how your interactions may differ as another layer to the game.

Health is something I didn't covered even though stamina and constitution are clearly elements that either influence health or in turn influenced by health. I see health as someone who has played way too much Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Elder Scrolls and D&D games like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights in addition to other games similar to such like Chrono Trigger and Earthbound as a token that allows continued game play given you still have more of it. It is very much like an arcade in which each quarter you have on you is like the use of a potion of phoenix down to keep playing the game. I consider this not to be something you would want unless you are going for that style of game play in which death of the player is an important concept for game design. Mana/Magic/Psi/AP function similarly except for how you can perform certain actions. These are aspects that could be made into a game, but are not keenly important to be noticed in every game.

Skills are one notable area of interest I could point out that should exist that isn't discussed earlier, but should be utilized as experience is duly noted to include the premise of skills. Now I know a lot people don't like Final Fantasy 2 (the Japanese and International) due to how skills are implemented through a means of grinding and is partially why I don't like games like Summertime Saga and other games that require you to gain skills through continuous repetition in which you are wasting days just building up your states. There is much content you can include into your game that allows you to build up your stats without it being such a choir. This is why the profession/side quest/story bit I have been mentioning is a key element that can allow you increment your skills in a meaningful way while offering opportunity to be involved in some sort of narrative and interaction that is worth its time.

However, skills should ultimately reflect proficiency in whatever you deem as important to the setting or styled prospect of the game you are playing. So if you are in a school like environment, your grades could be utilized to reflect your skill proficiency when it comes to various disciplines such as history, math, English, foreign language (which appears to be French in most cases), physical education and other subjects. You could also include such things as cooking, bike riding, car driving and socializing.

Lastly, I would like to note that I have devised my own school structure and such can be utilized in a game to offer something original in content that hasn't been so regularly employed that in turn can also allow you to promote an idea albeit through a sex game that is perhaps a good influence on reforming society or at least branching out some ideas that in turn can improve the schools in the United States, Europe, Asia or else where. It is funny that it would come from a sex game, but... in all accounts, allowing people the opportunity to gain something meaningful makes a game worth more than just what it immediately offers. Perhaps irrelevant for what I should say, but that is just something I have available.

Anyways I know this is lengthy and perhaps not likely to be well-received. Nevertheless, I would like a thoughtful discussion if possible and I would like to restate that this thread can serve to jolt down anything of interest even if it is not related to what is mentioned above so long as it concerns what you want to brainstorm in developing or designing a game. Also, if you feel that what is mentioned is just too much, then freely offer as much in detail why that is of how it is undesirable or in what situation would make it problematic. You might get a response from me asking for more detail if I find what you say to be inadequate and that is only because I am curious to know more, not as much that I would openly disagree and act stubborn in defiance by forcing you on the spot to defend yourself.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
If you have a demo or some art I will read some more of your post. I got three paragraphs in, but that's a massive wall of text.

It sounds good in theory, but coding it is another thing. Looks very ambitious.