VN - Others - Completed - IdolDays [Final] [iMel, qureate]

1. 2.00 star(s)

LightSwitch

This was the second iMel game I played and I was not impressed by either. It felt kind of cheap, like they cared just enough to create a thin framework to barely justify making a visual novel, but decided to call it good enough, slapped a price tag on it and sold it anyways.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

youmustbejoking

After reading TroubleDays a while back I decided to try out another "Days" title. While they aren't exactly part of the same series, all these novels take place in the same universe and will reference one another. At least that's what I gathered. I think this is a good thing too, since the writing in these novels isn't anything to write home about, but by having them play out in the same universe it gives them a bit more "depth" for the lack of a better word.

Anyway so this time around you are guy named "Producer" whose task is to scout out new talent for an idol company. You come across a rowdy girl by the name of Tsubaki who seems to have just what it takes to make into the idol industry. I think you can probably tell how the story plays out from here. It's very predictable, but that's not to say that it's bad. I enjoyed it personally.

The only two characters worth mentioning are MC-kun aka Producer and Tsubaki. The biggest downside to this novel is the MC who is yet again one of these pussy ass beta male protagonists that I despise from the bottom of my heart but for some reason Japan seems love. Luckily Tsubaki is much better. She as attitude, which is something that I appreciate in these female protagonists. Great girl, shit protagonist, as to be expected from these titles.

There are three endings: a bad one (has no extra CG) and a couple of good ones. You might want to use a walkthrough, although in general the idea when it comes to the choices is to not be an indecisive loser if you want the good endings.

The technical aspect is perfect as expected from this developer. The controls are perfectly customizable so I have zero complaints on this part. The novel uses this cool E-mote system where the character on screen is animated which gives the experience a more "immersive" feel. The art is excellent, both for backgrounds as well as CGs. The H scenes are the typical vanilla variety, though they are fully uncensored which is always a huge plus in my eyes.

I gave TroubleDays 3 stars and I'm going to give this one the same. A good addition to any coomer's collection, just be careful not to expect anything beyond what it looks like.

The novel is also short. I finished it in one day. 100% completion took me 4 1/2 hours.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Katsurooo

I'm always frustrated when a nice game doesn't get the attention it deserve and just staying without any reviews and stars.
    - The Art is simply amazing. The developers are the same ones from Fantasy Tavern Sextet, so who's played it would notice. Great lively art on their novels!
    -The
    Story is nothing revolutionary, some gonna like it, others not, i'm somewhere at the middle. It's was kinda predictable all the time for me, from the beggining i just though it's gonna be at corruption way, but it's not a slightest. Also there are choices to be made, but they actually doesn't affect the story, only the text after. The voice acting even exceeded my expectations.
    - The
    H-scenes are only few, since the game is short, compared to others VN. They are static changing scenes/images. But they are uncensored, unlike the screenshots here +++ with the great voice acting they are gold.
    Overall i give the game 7.5/10, the effort putted in is remarkable.