Ignore thread not worked

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
Why doesn't the Ignore thread work anymore? In the past it worked well and everyone "not interested" got hidden, but now those old ignored ones will reappear again. At the same time, when I click on a thread, it still reads "unignore thread", but this thread still appears even though it shouldn't.

Is there perhaps some max limit to what you can put on that ignore list? I have 61 full pages hidden (61x20 = 1220 threads hidden) so if there is any limit here? Myself can go full pretty soon.
:D

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Are you talking about hidden in the Latest Updates? Because in the settings when I set it to hide ignored, it works for me there.
Are you talkin about the Games forum? Because it doesn't show ignored games for me there, either.

You might need to change your activity - instead of ignoring games, watching them. There may be a maximum of around 1000.

Also, was there a reason why you not only replied to one thread but then started an identical? I'm going to reply over there, as well.

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
Are you talking about hidden in the Latest Updates? Because in the settings when I set it to hide ignored, it works for me there.
Are you talkin about the Games forum? Because it doesn't show ignored games for me there, either.

You might need to change your activity - instead of ignoring games, watching them. There may be a maximum of around 1000.

Also, was there a reason why you not only replied to one thread but then started an identical? I'm going to reply over there, as well.
The Lates update initially worked like a dream, but really hasn’t worked for a few weeks now. Games that have already been hidden will now appear. Annoying when a feature apparently has that limitation. I will probably have to go back and let them be in transparent mode when that hide doesn't work. I wish that “restriction” could be completely turned off without having to look at anything I don’t want.

EDIT: Maybe that’s why there are more publications when nothing seems to get an answer. The place is full of corrupt staff who can only remove negative reviews, but otherwise you don’t get any sensible information out of them.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The Lates update initially worked like a dream, but really hasn’t worked for a few weeks now. Games that have already been hidden will now appear. Annoying when a feature apparently has that limitation. I will probably have to go back and let them be in transparent mode when that hide doesn't work. I wish that “restriction” could be completely turned off without having to look at anything I don’t want.
So make yourself a filter to not show the games that have tags you don't like - that is probably a huge portion of the games you have on ignore, right?

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
So make yourself a filter to not show the games that have tags you don't like - that is probably a huge portion of the games you have on ignore, right?
That is the problem here. When I've already done that. I don’t see anything other than the RenPy, Unity, RPGM and Other engines. I would like to hide a few fetishes, but they also have games that can make those fetishes avoidable and that’s why I can’t hide them. But those 61 pages, or just over 1,200 hidden threads, can only hold games from those ( RenPy, Unity, RPGM and Other engines ) I don't want to see

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
In practice, that has been a "favorite" list of what I have visible and everything else is hidden. All the new releases I don't care about have been hidden as well as invisible, but now it doesn't work anymore.

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
This revealed the weakness of this site. I had all the posts from that Ifartedtoolong hidden. And I only saw them until I noticed the text below that made this text visible.

Now it also became clear that I shouldn’t hide anything when restrictions aren’t enough for me to use.

Nov 27, 2018
staff who can only remove negative reviews
If your review was deleted, chances are some user reported it. You are free to do the same to 5/5 reviews going against the review rules, or make a feature request for revising the rules if you find them biased.

_

In case you're curious, there should also be a 1000 ignored users limit in place (some user brought it up recently in a status update he later deleted). That one is hard-coded in the forum software this site uses, according to said forum software.
Non-user ignores are not among its base features and a custom addition (can't tell if this site is using one of the available addons for that or it's something Sam put up together), and I see no reason to doubt the explanation why the limits are there from the other thread about it. I also wouldn't call a feature useless for not meeting the expectations of a few dozen users out of 4-5 million.

You can add f95zone.to##[data-thread-id="NUMBER"] to your adblock filters (this is for uBlock Origin specifically; the syntax may differ a bit for other blockers) for each game you want to block, and f95zone.to##.js-threadListItem-NUMBER for additionally erasing it from the forum. You won't see them again, although it may result in very short pages of search results. With some more effort, you could set up a custom userscript to also censor any mentions of those games in posts.

Nov 27, 2018
Ignored users' posts being completely removed supposedly got changed/fixed (as per ). Maybe an update for that was deemed unnecessary or unfeasible because it would revert any customizations done for this site, or this issue simply has gone unnoticed?

Can you comment on this one, Sam ?

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
If your review was deleted, chances are some user reported it. You are free to do the same to 5/5 reviews going against the review rules, or make a feature request for revising the rules if you find them biased.

_

In case you're curious, there should also be a 1000 ignored users limit in place (some user brought it up recently in a status update he later deleted). That one is hard-coded in the forum software this site uses, according to said forum software.
Non-user ignores are not among its base features and a custom addition (can't tell if this site is using one of the available addons for that or it's something Sam put up together), and I see no reason to doubt the explanation why the limits are there from the other thread about it. I also wouldn't call a feature useless for not meeting the expectations of a few dozen users out of 4-5 million.

You can add f95zone.to##[data-thread-id="NUMBER"] to your adblock filters (this is for uBlock Origin specifically; the syntax may differ a bit for other blockers) for each game you want to block, and f95zone.to##.js-threadListItem-NUMBER for additionally erasing it from the forum. You won't see them again, although it may result in very short pages of search results. With some more effort, you could set up a custom userscript to also censor any mentions of those games in posts.
I can’t believe that there are only a few dozen of us who need more than 1,000 ignorelists. Nor do I understand why it is coded in this way, that some of the tools are unlimited and some are limited to a certain amount. That is, the software should be updated to modern times. :p

David.Deleon

Feb 20, 2024
Isn't it easier to just use another website if you are going to ignore every user? Seems like you hate it here
With close to over 20,000 listed items in games alone, it is not outlandish to request the ability to ignore more so you can tailor it more to your liking. Seems like you hate it here is a childish response tbh.

Reactions: Hollowedzs