• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others [ILLUSION]question about replacing asset in .unity3d file and .resource file

forAurora

May 22, 2023
Hi guys, I'm new to the f95 forum, thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Here's the thing, my goal is to change the sound effects/BGM in AI SHOUJO to customize the game content and style more thoroughly. Is this possible to do, or is it just not possible?

(If that's correct) I found that the audio data is stored in abdata/sound, a folder where all kinds of sound files are sorted, and the one I want to modify, (for example) the game's bgm, is located in abdata/sound/data/bgm, there are several .unity3d files and .resource files, when the game needs to play audio, it should be the game according to the contents of the .unity3d file to refer to the data in the .resource file, like a pointer?
abdata.jpg
It seems that I just need to replace these files with .unity3d/resource files containing my audio (which is indeed the case that
After I replaced 00.unity3d/resource, the game's opening bgm (originally located in 00.unityd/resource) disappeared, which is probably a good thing compared to no change). However, after a lot of effort I still didn't succeed.

I'm not familiar with unity and related technologies, so I'd appreciate your insight into my efforts and suggestions, maybe something I've done before is working and I just screwed up one of the steps and it didn't work.

I started with this video , but the video is about a more general technique, and the changes resulted in .assets files and .resource files.
This seems to be because the video in unity is in the way of asset to deal with audio, but in AI SHOUJO is in the way of asset bundle to deal with audio (and most other data) (abdata should be the meaning of asset bundle data?), so the method in this video didn't work.

This made me realize that I can extract the audio from the original .unity3d and resource files with no problem using (unity asset bundle extrator) or , I just don't know how to convert the changed after converting the audio files back to .unity3d and resource format, and getting the game to accept and play them.

AssetStudio.jpg

Then I found another tutorial at , however this one deals with textures and the focus seems to be on cross-referencing with.unity3d file , not audio or how to convert the changed visual file to a game file.

I also tried to use AssetRipper to convert the game files to unity project files, but I get the error that the source files are not found, even when I import the entire AI shoujo folder into AssetRipper, maybe I am not using the right method?
AssetRipperError.jpg

Then I searched for knowledge about unity, keywords include asset, assetbundle, .unity3d file .resource file and so on, I tried to use the assetbundle way to process audio in unity, and it did generate .unity3d file (located in the StreamingAssets folder, seemingly only because I named its suffix unity3d?), but this file is relatively large and does not have a corresponding .resource file, so in the end it did not work.
streamAsset.jpg

In the process of searching, I found that most of the discussions about the resource files are about the Resources folder under the gameName_Data file or the .resource file, I would like to ask what is the relationship between these two kinds of resources and the .resource file corresponding to the .unity3d file in abdata? How can I generate them?

As for the .unity3d files and .resource files stored one by one, I guess this is a more advanced way of asset (asset bundle) management for large games, is there a way to reproduce this and modify it?

I'm new to making games and modding games, so any advice and replies would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a loooooooot!:D

Reactions: HiddenGameMember