[R>Programmer] Share Unpaid I'm going back to BBS2 and I need a Ren'py programmer to assist me w/ it

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
logo-final.png

Project:
-BBS2: https://f95zone.to/threads/bbs2-v0-1-summmerp.123071/
Game was released nearly two years ago and never got an update. I started working on version 0.2 but never really got that far.
I aim to change a few things in it, gameplay wise (simplifying the whole thing) and double the amount of content that it had on its release version.
Patreon has ran dry and I'm running out of cash.
The plan is to re-release it, fully fledged, in two or three months.

Developer:
- Currently? Just me, Summer-Penguin.

Looking for:
- a rookie/intermediary Ren'Py coder who can work somewhat fast and help me w/ the scripts.

Employment Type:
- Unpaid... at first.
But if by the time version 0.2 is ready (before its actual release) we choose to continue, we'll split a revenue share of all Patreon incommings.

Work commitment:
- Short term. Part time.
(at least for the time being)

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord: Automny#9907
- or via DM.

Job Description:
- I need a casual who can assist me w/ Ren'py (it's all very simple, tbh... the game and its mechanics it's all very straight forward); someone who can help me to make a basic inventory system and team up here and there as we go.
- I don't really need someone w/ actual working experience (though it's okay if you have some, ofc)... go get the game, check its scripts and if you get the stuff that's in there, you can help.

Last edited:

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
You want a rookie programmer but that can work fast, help you when you're stuck and teach you..?
If he's a rookie, aren't you supposed to be the one teaching him?

Also tag your thread as Share if it's the goal, I don't see ppl investing tons of hours for free and/or not a clear promise.
It feels like you want someone to do everything to clean your game's code + teach you all his secrets and shamelasly dump it after, kinda sus...

It might be a big miss-understanding but I'm quite confused on what you're asking there :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: SummmerP

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
It feels like you want someone to do everything to clean your game's code + teach you all his secrets and shamelasly dump it after, kinda sus...
Yeah, that's exactly what I wanted. (tho it is not what I asked)
Thank you.

...totally forgot being active on forums involves dealing w/ random homies like this
(feels good to be back)
:coffee:

Last edited:

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, that's exactly what I wanted. (tho it is not what I asked)
You can respond and clear out confusing phrasing instead of doing irony...

I see that you edited your post.
You have quite a reputation on your game's thread, excuse me but there are reasons to be suspicious. :unsure:

Last edited:

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Pretty scummy behavior to have kept the patreon running over the last 2 years, while openly admitting that you've barely worked on the game at all in that time. And the only reason you wanna resurrect it now is because the milk train has finally run dry

...totally forgot being active on forums involves dealing w/ random homies like this who have no shame ripping people off for a quick buck.