I'm looking for an artist

saberlocked

Apr 14, 2018
Hello fellow zoners, I'm looking for a person willing to team up and develop an adult game with me.
I'm in the mid twenties, living in Europe and currently working full time as an IT technician.

While I already made some notes on ideas regarding the story and genre, I'm completely open to any ideas.
My personal tendency would go towards a management/parody like game in the terms of "Something Unlimited",
however I'm also willing to completely start over if you have an idea of your own.

My main goal is to make a living with doing something I love and eventually work full time on adult game projects.
While I can't offer any initial compensation (in a form of X money per month/creation for example) I'm absolutely willing to offer a fair part of any income that project generates.

My part would be the technical aspect (programming) using a suitable engine (ren'py, Unity, or even from scratch).
You'd be creating assets (I'm open for any art-style really; drawn, 3d CGI, pixel-art, etc. however, I'd prefer not to create another Daz3D game) which I integrate into the project.

I know that asking for a person to work with a stranger on something could be a huge waste of time but I hope I'm able to find someone willing to invest trust in me, I will not fail to return it.

If you have any question please do not hesitate to ask directly here on f95 or contact me on Discord: MP#9137.

Thanks for reading!

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Some notes:

1. Making enough money off adult games if you live outside of the ex-communist block is at best hard. Little easier in Eastern Europe, but even really good and popular games can rarely break the 1000 patrons benchmark. Making plans for living off that development is risky at best. And it takes a lot of time.

2. Have you had any experience in game development? You are searching for an artist, but you have no plan, no goal, no real game concept beyond "something like X". There are really good artists here. I'd advice you to show them why should they bother working with you, instead of learning the bare minimum of Ren'Py and making another VN. More specifics may come in handy if you want to make them willing to work for somebody they don't know. Best way imo - make a design document for the game. Hype them.

3. A lot of the artists here are Daz3D artists. Depending on the game you want to make this may be great or not great. In the end it's the combination of gameplay, writing and art, that defines a game. Art should serve the game, not the other way around.

saberlocked

Apr 14, 2018
All of your points are very valid, but I thought I just give it a try, after all it's free to ask.

Regarding the experience, I do have actually lot's of programmers experience (since I do it daily on my job) but not so much with adult game development.
Also I have some kind of "notes" (I don't know if you'd call that a plan) on the game but I don't feel right just "forcing" my ideas onto someone who would be willing to work with me without initial compensation.

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018

The above points are not criticism, they are pure advice. I was thinking what would have I wanted to see if you were searching for a writer/designer, instead of an artist. :)

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I find it hard to believe any original artist would work for free with no way of knowing when the project will get profitable.
Maybe someone proficient at Daz or HS modeling might come aboard if they like your idea, but then, you might as well learn that yourself and work on your own pace.

Well, I'm sure there Daz artists that want to make a game but cannot code anything. You better get things real straight before you start collaborating though. Schedule, how much time you put in, how much share of profits for each party, game direction, etc etc

Last edited:

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
I think you'd get better results if your looking for someone to collaborate with you without initial compensation, if you at least prototype an idea as a short game. You need to demonstrate with more than words that you are someone that has capability to do what you are proposing.

It also seems fair if you expect someone else to work without compensation that you put in an equal or greater effort to your project. You don't gain trust without doing something to prove you're trustworthy. :D

Last edited:

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Do some game with your skills like a showoff and use just another images. Just images over internet, just to showoff your coding skills. And with this you can maybe find someone. You don't need to show your skills artist from the start.