Im making a rpgm H-game, need some advice

john tank

Oct 12, 2017
Hi! how is everyone im making a game on rpg maker and i want to hear about what do you love most in H rpg game
the main premise of this game is a girl who is trying to find jobs and ends up getting lewded one way or another.
please feel free to ask questions!

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
The game you described sounds alot like a game called material girl from dieselmine. It was an alright game but it had alot of the components I tend to like in an RPG Maker game. I tend to like freedom of choice and a sandbox with a set objective but many options to hit that objective. As well as a character who starts as sort of a clean slate that you can sort of mold to your own tastes. Take advantage of what the RPGM engine does well and apply it to your game. Take advantage of the ability to create your own maps, and setup H stats or some way to track the growth of the character(s) as an example. If you are planning on making more of a Visual novel like game I would personally say don't use RPGM, use renpy; it is better suited for that.

I don't know what your plans are for your characters at all so it is hard to make suggestions but whatever your plans giving the player multiple routes to take and stories to unlock within your world will keep players coming back to the game. It gives you alot of opportunities to appeal to many different fetishes and demographics too with the open approach. If you want you could make a virgin / pure love route for vanilla audience, corruption or NTR for those who like it, Exhibitionism, BDSM, have fun with it and try and craft many different stories and outcomes for your characters. this can help your game stand out in my opinion.

Maybe I am talking out my ass since I am not a developer but from my perspective if a game allowed me lots of different options for what I can do and what lewd stuf I can get up to it will keep me interested.

Reactions: john tank

john tank

Oct 12, 2017
The game you described sounds alot like a game called material girl from dieselmine. It was an alright game but it had alot of the components I tend to like in an RPG Maker game. I tend to like freedom of choice and a sandbox with a set objective but many options to hit that objective. As well as a character who starts as sort of a clean slate that you can sort of mold to your own tastes. Take advantage of what the RPGM engine does well and apply it to your game. Take advantage of the ability to create your own maps, and setup H stats or some way to track the growth of the character(s) as an example. If you are planning on making more of a Visual novel like game I would personally say don't use RPGM, use renpy; it is better suited for that.

I don't know what your plans are for your characters at all so it is hard to make suggestions but whatever your plans giving the player multiple routes to take and stories to unlock within your world will keep players coming back to the game. It gives you alot of opportunities to appeal to many different fetishes and demographics too with the open approach. If you want you could make a virgin / pure love route for vanilla audience, corruption or NTR for those who like it, Exhibitionism, BDSM, have fun with it and try and craft many different stories and outcomes for your characters. this can help your game stand out in my opinion.

Maybe I am talking out my ass since I am not a developer but from my perspective if a game allowed me lots of different options for what I can do and what lewd stuf I can get up to it will keep me interested.
love to hear that,right now its gonna be a small project with about 8 or sences when i finnish it im gonna drop it for everyone for free on my next project if the respones is good ill make an even larger one with more freedom then before of course ill make it a cheap price.

on the status of the game i have some the 15% of artwork ready and im almost done making all the maps before i begin the coding

Froggered

Jan 3, 2018
Are you planning any quests/tasks to do in game? These usually help with keeping someone on the game longer.

Another thing would be platform as well. Will it be just PC? Are you open to having someone port to other formats like Android?

Ah I just read the number of scenes, being a smaller game should be easier to start with lol.

I wish you good luck.

john tank

Oct 12, 2017
Are you planning any quests/tasks to do in game? These usually help with keeping someone on the game longer.

Another thing would be platform as well. Will it be just PC? Are you open to having someone port to other formats like Android?

Ah I just read the number of scenes, being a smaller game should be easier to start with lol.

I wish you good luck.

as for quest right now i making that certin areas cant start till buy clothes for it i.e office clothes for office job etc
also i will just do PC unless there is a super easy was rpgm MV can do other ports.

Reactions: Froggered

john tank

Oct 12, 2017
update: so i made all the maps and now on the coding part. still havnt decided on what the name is gonna be,any ideas guys?
also does anyone know where i can sell my games later on? my only guess is dlsite.

pyr0w

Feb 19, 2018
I guess my advice would be to NOT use RPGM...

I'm only sorta kidding.

There is a reason RPGM gets so much hate. It takes just as much work to make a good feeling RPGM game as it would in any other system. But it is REALLY easy to make a shitty feeling one.

Not many people WANT to play a game that feels like an SNES game that never finished development, just to see some sexy time.

There is also the issue of it taking FAR more resources than it should to do anything. And it not being portable like RenPy. (If the game is a visual novel for instance, in RenPy it is pretty easy to design some UI elements and run a script to port it to phone/tablets.)

Last edited: