Request Tutorial Unity I'm modding a Unity game and I'm kinda need help a little help

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
I'm the member of the team that create a mod for the unity game "Alien Quest:EVE" called "KMOD" (It is ok to download the mod even if you do not have the game)
Although the mod is already finished, there are a lot of thing that I want to do so here are the list that I kinda want some help / tutorial on

• In this game, there is an egg that will spawn a facehugger from Alien (Tag AI_Mon_Egg). When player get close enough to the egg, the game will trigger the "set_fire" script, which will spawn a facehugger. Here is what I want to do; Is / are there any way to replace the facehugger with other type of enemy?
  • Following the same question, is there a way to spawn an enemy manually?
  • In this game's thread, some people request the mod that allow player to "swap clothes". So far, the only "swap clothes" that can be done is the in-game menu baby doll, which is done by expanding the original texture sheet into a big texture sheet with a bunch of original texture sheet next to each other
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    , however, the character sprite
    seems to work differently, so is there a way to make the game load the sprite sheet like the in-game menu baby doll?
  • Following the question, if is not possible, is / are there any way(s) to "inject" assets into the game?
Thank you in advance

Reactions: Runningaway

Runningaway

Apr 7, 2021
I'm the member of the team that create a mod for the unity game "Alien Quest:EVE" called "KMOD" (It is ok to download the mod even if you do not have the game)
Although the mod is already finished, there are a lot of thing that I want to do so here are the list that I kinda want some help / tutorial on

• In this game, there is an egg that will spawn a facehugger from Alien (Tag AI_Mon_Egg). When player get close enough to the egg, the game will trigger the "set_fire" script, which will spawn a facehugger. Here is what I want to do; Is / are there any way to replace the facehugger with other type of enemy?
  • Following the same question, is there a way to spawn an enemy manually?
  • In this game's thread, some people request the mod that allow player to "swap clothes". So far, the only "swap clothes" that can be done is the in-game menu baby doll, which is done by expanding the original texture sheet into a big texture sheet with a bunch of original texture sheet next to each other
    , however, the character sprite
    seems to work differently, so is there a way to make the game load the sprite sheet like the in-game menu baby doll?
  • Following the question, if is not possible, is / are there any way(s) to "inject" assets into the game?
Thank you in advance
I'm going to see if I can help you, I'm never use unity (and never coded in my life) but i have "some" experience in changing texture, I'm not home right now but I during this time I'm out here I will read some old messagens of the KMOD to see what you change and implemented. (like the thigh high you friend tried to do and this edit)
Also i did see some basic game things about AQE (like the enemies spawn are kinda of random in some areas with more or less of then spawning, and some miscellaneous like audio and unique atack animation).
Any way good luck with your journy.

Reactions: kwanlier

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
I'm going to see if I can help you, I'm never use unity (and never coded in my life) but i have "some" experience in changing texture, I'm not home right now but I during this time I'm out here I will read some old messagens of the KMOD to see what you change and implemented. (like the thigh high you friend tried to do and this edit)
Also i did see some basic game things about AQE (like the enemies spawn are kinda of random in some areas with more or less of then spawning, and some miscellaneous like audio and unique atack animation).
Thank you for being there for me

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
As of now, I don't know whether I can say that I'm getting there or not, but I somehow manage to spawn "tentacle" and "another egg" from the egg instead of facehugger. I will use this to find a way to spawn a wider array of monster.

user182737

Feb 6, 2021
I have no Programming experience, so just a idea:
How does the game spawn the facehugger? Couldn`t you just change the ID of the hugger itself?
If yes, you could change it so that the game calls upon a random value between id`s. To prevent the game of calling invalid id`s, you could tie the randomness to a list of valid id`s.

I have no idea how to find those ID`s though. Perhaps the animation/ AI list in Assembly-CSharp could help.

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
I have no Programming experience, so just a idea:
How does the game spawn the facehugger? Couldn`t you just change the ID of the hugger itself?
If yes, you could change it so that the game calls upon a random value between id`s. To prevent the game of calling invalid id`s, you could tie the randomness to a list of valid id`s.

I have no idea how to find those ID`s though. Perhaps the animation/ AI list in Assembly-CSharp could help.
Egg spawns facehugger by "literally" instantiate a gameobject called "Facehugger", which, in hierarchy form, is probably
- [Root (unknown)]/Room_xx(room that egg is situated)/Mon_List_Egg/Facehugger (or Mon_Facehugger will check later)

My goal is probably find a way to replace the /Mon_List_Egg/Facehugger with /Mon_List_XX/Mon_xx
The ID of monster can be find by using gameobject.name , gameobject.tag , gameobject.transform.parent.name and so on

The invalid ID problem will happen only if, in my case, want to random spawn thing from egg, which can be fixed by
1. Find the number of type of monster in that room using XX(Array of GameObject).FindObjectsUsingTag("Mon")
2. Set the limit of randomization with XX(Array of GameObject)length