Daz Image gets darker the closer I get to the model (Daz 4.20)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, I just updated to Daz 4.20 and I'm having to re-do my ghost lights with the new Kindred Arts Ghost Light Kit.
At a distance, my image looks good. But the closer I get, the model gets darker like it's losing light.
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Any way to fix this?
Thank you,
-GTS

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
That's bizarre. You sure the camera isn't passing through some glass or anything of that sort? I've only ever gotten this look by zooming too far in or out, where I'm sort of crossing through the wall but not at the same time. Have you tried using other lights to see if it replicates the issue with those? Might be an issue with the environment or settings if it persists with spotlights.

Though, with that said, I'm not really a fan of Kindred Art's Ghost Lights this time around. I loved the previous packs prior to the 4.20 update, but these just aren't nearly as intuitive. I've been using with a fair bit more success. Just overall easier to change and control. Might be worth a look if these keep giving you issues.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Maybe the headlamp is on. That seems to have been issue.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Fixed. Turns out it was the environment specific to Roguey's products. Red Crow Inn/Medieval bedroom/etc. There was a script released to fix Roguey's lights.

Capture.JPG