Image not centered

EmeraldSword

Oct 4, 2019
Hi, there is a game i play which uses 1280x720 resolution images, i was thinking about increasing the quality of the images, for my personal use, so i upscaled one of them with very good results (imo)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Then i replaced the old image with the newer one, but when i loaded up the game this is what i saw (spolier below), bear in mind i have 0 knowledge regarding Ren'Py, can anyone help me?

EmeraldSword

Oct 4, 2019
Yes.

Stop loosing your time wanting to resize the images one by one. Resize the game's window, Ren'py will automatically do everything for you.
I'm sorry but i don't understand, english isn't my first language so it's probably my fault, but nothing changes when i resize the game window, the image is still off centered, and i maybe i expressed myself wrong before but i increased the resolution of the image from 720p to 1440p

btw thank you for helping me

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I'm sorry but i don't understand, [...]
Ren'py automatically (re)size the image to fit the game windows :

So the only thing you have to do is to forgot everything you already did, and put back any original images.
Then you put the mouse cursor at one corner of the game window, click, then grab this corner to resize the said game window.

EmeraldSword

Oct 4, 2019
Ren'py automatically (re)size the image to fit the game windows :

So the only thing you have to do is to forgot everything you already did, and put back any original images.
Then you put the mouse cursor at one corner of the game window, click, then grab this corner to resize the said game window.
I know how to resize a window, but if i put back the 720p image and then resize the window i would only get a bigger or smaller image (depending on the size of the window) the problem is that i want the game to display ''my'' higher quality image, not the original lower quality one, if i resize the window like you showed me before(with my higher quality image loaded) i get an off centered image, bigger or smaller depending on the size of the game window, but still off centered.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
the problem is that i want the game to display ''my'' higher quality image, not the original lower quality one, [...]
Your images don't have an higher quality, just an higher resolution. It's only synonym of higher quality when the change happen before the rendering.
An effective higher quality would have meant that you reworked the color profile, adjusted the contrast and all ; there's clearly none of this on the example you provided. Therefore, as I said initially, you'll just lost your time for something that could have been done, with a really near quality in the end, automatically.

But well, since you insist.
[path to the game]/game/option.rpy: line 12
Replace the values in gui.init( 1280, 720) by the one you want.

• Red Heart
Reactions: EmeraldSword

EmeraldSword

Oct 4, 2019
Thank you very much!!!! Thank you for helping me, i really mean it. I don't know if this website keeps the original picture you upload without lowering the quality or not, but to me it's like night and day, and that's what matters in the end, of course i respect your opinion.