quid quad quo

Jul 5, 2017
Wow, you guys in the states don't have unlimited data plan for the internet? Comcast service sounds horrible. And even letters of warnings?? I thought we're living in the 21st century.

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Wow, you guys in the states don't have unlimited data plan for the internet? Comcast service sounds horrible. And even letters of warnings?? I thought we're living in the 21st century.
The states are weird. The entire country spans a continent and there are huge swathes of land that have little better than dial up still. Its much easier to build infrastructure when the country is small and the population is concentrated. There is also a more monopoly based system in play here. See, each city doesnt have the same internet provider. One city might have comcast, one city might have charter, etc. The city signs a deal basically saying only this company can provide this. So you basically have the choice of going with satelite dish, the cablecompany, or a phone comany. If you dont like the specific choices available, you have to move to another city. And if you live in bumfuck nowhere, you might be paying 80$ a month for internet that can barely pass as early 2000 DSL with no other alternatives.

A2RAWR

Oct 14, 2018
I asked which timezone the creator was in (a while back) and they said CEST which I'm guessing is somewhere in EU. Either way, I'm guessing the internet company did not show up on Saturday and will show up on Tuesday and hope we get the update then. If not, at least the creator says something to inform us why there is another delay.

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
New update off Patreon. Apparently he lives in france and I guess the company responsible for setting up internet has most of their workers on strike. the missed appointments are due to too few workers to get around to everyone. He says that this thursday he will hopefully have internet. Hopefully

italicus

Jun 18, 2017
Still no news about alleged lack of internet. I find it hard to believe that a big company like Orange can fail to send someone to do the job in more than a month. Hopefully the next status update won't take 3 weeks like usual.

Whyllow

Apr 18, 2018
Still no news about alleged lack of internet. I find it hard to believe that a big company like Orange can fail to send someone to do the job in more than a month. Hopefully the next status update won't take 3 weeks like usual.
Literally the THIRD post above yours addresses a possible (and very likely) reason for it. If you can't even read that shosrt bit, why do you insist on playing a mostly-text game?

italicus

Jun 18, 2017
Literally the THIRD post above yours addresses a possible (and very likely) reason for it. If you can't even read that shosrt bit, why do you insist on playing a mostly-text game?
No need to be aggressive. You must be less cabable than me at reading because I stated I doubt Orange is not giving the creator Internet access. Orange is a pretty big french telecom company. As stated in the patreon post it's the company the creator has a contract for providing internet to his house. The gilet jaunes are an excuse. I'm italian, France isn't paralized by these protests any more. They only riot on saturdays and certainty aren't stopping big companies from carrying on their businesses. I was just stating that it sounds more and more like an excuse to procrastinate release.

A2RAWR

Oct 14, 2018
I've lost a lot of faith in the creator and thus the game as well. We are so patient yet no updates after so many failed promises. I feel duped supporting the game and owner on patreon. If they cared about support then they would refund for the many months of missed content. Anyway I know that will not happen and won't be strung along anymore.

Reactions: MasterM

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
Yep, sounds like the Dev should maybe come clean on what's really going on here.

Niloc

Sep 23, 2016
Last year he refunded all his patrons the month he couldn't develop cause of personal issues. Maybe those resurfaced, maybe not, but I wouldn't be to worried if you gave money.

quid quad quo

Jul 5, 2017
imo, i think it's fine for the creator to just say he lost motivation or got into a writer's block or sth. I really like this game. Honesty is always better.

Reactions: Devka

Devka

May 8, 2017
Have to agree with you there. I doubt anyone believes the whole "Gilets Jaunes stole my internet" bit that Slone has been claiming for more than 4 months anymore.

JakeFrost

Jan 5, 2018
I highly doubt that we'll see another update as to me the game looks abandond, which is very unfortunate...
There is no information on what's going on so if Sloane would care about the project it would be different imo

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes