In-game text speed (or why alien invader was popular)

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Hi people (and furry).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know it's shoking news for f95 visitors, but I like 18+ games. I also old enough to like something more than just nude pics/animations.
I need... text. An intresting story to follow.
And that's where my main complain for last 15-hot-damn-it arise: why text speed is still not instant/no option for this???

I can read fast. Text that is 3 string wide can't confuse me.
Why is it still here??
Is it still popular??
Is it some kind of torture that was created by forgotten long ago elder gods????

Welp. Guess I just wanted to ask about it somewhere.
So, what do you think??

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Issytia

Jofur

May 22, 2018
Pretty much all Renpy/visual novel and RPGM games allow you to change text speed. Which is like 90% or more of the games on here. I've only come across the occasional Unity game with slow text speed.

Not sure what that has to do with Alien Invaders and it's supposedly bad FPS(?) however. Is this drunk posting?

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Not sure what that has to do with Alien Invaders and it's supposedly bad FPS(?) however. Is this drunk posting?
I mentioned that because there was reason for this to exist.
Now there is no reason for this, but it still exist.

Pretty much all Renpy/visual novel and RPGM games allow you to change text speed. Which is like 90% or more of the games on here. I've only come across the occasional Unity game with slow text speed.
Emm... not exactly.

If we use games from "latest updates" (and I do believe that it shows all games here), than we have... 319 pages of games.
Ren'py = 111
RPGm+Wolf = 58
Unity = 51
Other = 64

- Ren'py games have the option for instant text, agreed. But who even need this?? (slow text I mean)
- RPGm games not really have this. Different version have different options or no option at all. Just do double click on button and pray that you wont miss another line in dialog.
- Unity... that thing is just cursed. It mostly depends on author's "skills", so we can get small (in memory size), fast and comfy game, OR gargantuan, slow and mouse/1-key-only responsive game.
- other engines is another wild card to me: some games just flash/html made as .exe files, that have some random unchangeble settings. Not really my thing

upd
Mb I'm just unlucky, but I can remember almost all rpgM games I played, that have text-speed setting, and even less among them with instant option.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Honestly, I think that absolutely nobody in the story of this site evert thought about in-game text speed :p

And the answer is there. None dev really cares about that nor will work on that. Go to Ren'py and RPGM official sites and write that there. Only Unity devs and others will try to do something about it, only if they are insterested on spending time working on that of course.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Honestly, I think that absolutely nobody in the story of this site evert thought about in-game text speed :p

And the answer is there. None dev really cares about that nor will work on that. Go to Ren'py and RPGM official sites and write that there. Only Unity devs and others will try to do something about it, only if they are insterested on spending time working on that of course.
Some game devs are posting their games here. There is that tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny possibility that some of them will read this.
More than 0% at least.