Ren'Py In-Game Wiki-Like Glossary or Codex

Avalonica

Oct 11, 2017
Hello. I have some issues with "In-Game Wiki-Like Glossary or Codex" found on

I have everything setup and working, but when using the "lock system" I must manually do this for all articles I want unlocked:
$ persistent.wiki_unlocked.add("wiki_test1")
$ persistent.wiki_unlocked.add("wiki_test2")
$ persistent.wiki_unlocked.add("wiki_test3")

But how do I have these commands run "directly". Is there not any way to auto-run them?

Another part of the code I don't understand is:
default persistent.wiki_unlocked = { "wiki_index" }

Why does not this line work:
default persistent.wiki_unlocked = { "wiki_index","wiki_test1","wiki_test2","wiki_test3"}

or this:
default persistent.wiki_unlocked = { "wiki_test1" }
default persistent.wiki_unlocked = { "wiki_test2" }
default persistent.wiki_unlocked = { "wiki_test3" }

I am sure there must be some way to get this to work more optimal than how I have it working now :unsure:

Hmm, is there any way to actually have the entire "In-Game Wiki-Like Glossary or Codex" unlocked from start and instead order a few "articles" locked i.e. a reversed form of the current system.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Is there not any way to auto-run them?
I'm not sure to understand what you want here.

Why does not this line work:
default persistent.wiki_unlocked = { "wiki_index","wiki_test1","wiki_test2","wiki_test3"}
This one should works.

default persistent.wiki_unlocked = { "wiki_test1" }
default persistent.wiki_unlocked = { "wiki_test2" }
default persistent.wiki_unlocked = { "wiki_test3" }
This one also works, but it don't do what you seem to think. Each line recreate the persistent.wiki_unlocked set, giving it a different default value.
You have to use the add method to update persistent.wiki_unlocked by adding it the given value.
If you have to add more than one value, you have to use this :
Code:
$ persistent.wiki_unlocked.update( { "wiki_test1", "wiki_test2", "wiki_test3" } )

Avalonica

Oct 11, 2017
Hmm, yes
Code:
$ persistent.wiki_unlocked.update( { "wiki_test1", "wiki_test2", "wiki_test3" } )
works perfect (thanks) and I use it in splashscreen to activate the articles.

But what I really want to achieve is to order the wiki from the get-go without using this code in the splashscreen
Code:
Is there no way of order the wiki "directly" to start using the selected articles?
Code:
default persistent.wiki_unlocked = { "wiki_index" }
default persistent.wiki_unlocked.update = ( { "wiki_test1", "wiki_test2", "wiki_test3", "wiki_test4" } )
This one sadly did not work.

Why is there no easier way of directly order the wiki to unlock articles with the "$ persistent.wiki_unlocked.update( { "wiki_test1", "wiki_test2", "wiki_test3" } )"...? Because the "$ persistent.wiki_[...]" must execute by code otherwise a new player will not have the selected wiki articles unlocked.

What I really meant with all of this is, how do I order "selected" articles to directly be activated without resorting to this line:
Code:
Sorry for long post :eek:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
What I really meant with all of this is, how do I order "selected" articles to directly be activated without resorting to this line:
Code:
There's no way to do this without a full rewriting of the wiki. It need to know that "this article" have to be shown, and for this, you need to tell it.