VN Ren'Py In Her Service [v0.63b] [Blue Factory Games]

3.90 star(s) 22 Votes

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Public release of 0.63b in an hour or two :)

Speaking of which I repost here from my Patreon summary of past half a year since the release of my game on February 22nd.

22nd of February 2024 was the date when I officially announced my game and released first version to the public on 28th of February.. So it has been half a year since the release of the game. So on that subject I wanted to sum up development as well as share few thoughts about my work.

First some stats, in that half a year since 22nd of February:

Game version: 0.39 -> 0.62
Updates released: 12 [Roughly update every 15 days]
Gametime: 2h -> 5,4h
Events: 20 -> 63
Images[CG's]: 300 -> 1550
Animations: 5 -> 97
Lines of text: 2500 -> 16900
Erotic scenes: 2 -> 25
Added: Sound, Music, Gallery, Linux/Mac/Phone versions.

Overall looking at those stats I am pretty happy with what I accomplished and it I am almost exactly on schedule as I projected before I released initial version. For those who don't know I plan to release 1.0 of In Her Service around late summer 2025.

The plan for 'In Her Service' development:
2023 - planning, rough story, characters, first events, tooling, licensing etc.
2024Q1 - release of the initial version (v0.39)
2024Q4 - finish main game up until endings start
2025Q2 - endings and game polish
2025Q3 - 1.0 release
2025Q4 - fixes, additional polish, maybe expansions to 1.1, another project preparation

In addition to plan above I also had/have aspirational goals provided that enough people would support what I do as those things are expensive, especially voice work and translation to other languages.

Additional aspirational goals:
- proper English proofreading by a pro.
- additional languages (French, Italian, German, Polish, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese)
- English voice work for women in the game

If those aspirational goals would come it would be after release of 1.0 and it would be something like version 2.0 with additional polish and content expansion. In Her Service 'Enchanted Edition' or something like that. I would really love to hear Sylvia and Mistress

About version numbering:

As you might have seen I started with v0.39 instead of v0.01 or v0.1 or whatever common numbering trope people do when they start projects like those. The reason was as you can see that I spent nearly a year for planning, writing story, preparing tooling, licensing, etc. in order to release initial version and v0.39 really covered actual development. Thanks to that work progress is rather quick and if nothing goes wrong by the summer of 2025 you should get 1.0 in your hands. Let me give you now ideas for version numbering and what they mean in my case:

v0.39 - initial release - [easy short work] ✅
v0.4x - Mistake Arc - [short work] ✅
v0.5x - Calm Arc - [medium work] ✅
v0.6x - The Message Arc - [medium work] ❌ - we are here
v0.7x - Unannounced Arc - [long work] ❌
v0.8x - Unannounced Arc - [long work] ❌
v0.9x - ENDINGS - [half a year of work] ❌
v1.0 - finished game

So each big version like 0.8x means new arc in the story. Moreover due to the game being roleplaying game with choices and consequences it means that gradually game will accumulate a greater need of work on each event, requiring more and more alternative scenes. It will culminate in endings which will require significant work as there will be a lot of those (planned 11 endings) and some of them will be pretty long in particular two of them that will be very long. As much my planning was spot on with current work I'm not sure if half a year will be enough for endings.

Bits and pieces about game dev:

- My choice in reducing my job hours irl to half was the right decision. If not for that I wouldn't be able to accomplish even 1/4 of what I did. The issue is that it takes time to get into roles after few days of work and sometimes you have to reshoot or rewrite which takes time. Once I have a whole week for game dev it is much better than doing it in the evenings or every other day.

- Good feedback go a long way. Initially I planned to add sound and music around about right now but thanks to initial feedback from some users it pushed me into adding it early and once I added it, it instantly clicked and now I can't imagine game without music or sound. The work on those two elements isn't done as I plan to expand soundscape of my game closer to release.

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Well v0.64 goes into early access. 0.63a releases to public.
As always you can download it via this thread or straight from my / .

Reactions: kamen2d

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
The one scene that eludes me.

View attachment 4070846

walkthrough to get that (SYLVIA x HENRY) NTR scene:
  1. "Lie" to sylvia in the kitchen.
  2. Tell Henry "It's complicated" on the couch.
  3. Comment "She's beautiful." in the night scene.
  4. "Respond" to mistress when she kisses you.
  5. Go to her room at night rather than to kitchen (to receive BJ or do Cunny)
  6. Later on "Help Sylvia" instead of "Go to sleep" which will trigger that scene.
Whatever you will get full scene or just part of it wil depend on other choices. Full scene :
  1. You have to lie again when she was shouting about Jack infidelity.
  2. You didn't choose "Try to tell her" in the bathroom event.
Partial scene: If one of those choices was not made.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
In Her Service [v0.63b] [Blue Factory Games]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- -

Mac:
- -

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
InHerService-0.63b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Walkthrough mod updated for game version 0.63b.

Not much in the mod update as there is effectively only 1 set of choices in this update.

Download:
F95zone |

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
I really really really don't want to end up making one game for 5 years XD.
Estimated 1.0 of my game is right now summer 2025. After which there might be 1.1 or 2.0 but overall I will be designing new project from that point.
You seem like a really good dev, stay here forever and ever! Just don't burn yourself out!
Also a game out in 5 years is fine if it gets enough content and all but I bet you wanna create more and more stuff! Wish you good luck!!

3.90 star(s) 22 Votes