VN In which program i can make this realistic models?

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Hey. I fell in love with previews on this game . They are so f...ing real! How i can do the same renders for my game? Which program? Maybe some mods?

Mar 26, 2017
Hey. I fell in love with previews on this game . They are so f...ing real! How i can do the same renders for my game? Which program? Maybe some mods?
Not realistic one bit (no hate). But at the other hand really impresive if it´s only daz studio.
For better results, export for 3dsmax/maya & render with some overpriced badass plugin. But it´s
pain in the ass to do the right indirect lighting and to check that every texture is compatible with renderer
and light source. Also bias/non-biased is question. For this I would suggest, use bias based renderer to achieve
some consistency and is less time consuming & you don´t have to re-render so often.

Reactions: Max Craving

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Not realistic one bit (no hate). But at the other hand really impresive if it´s only daz studio.
For better results, export for 3dsmax/maya & render with some overpriced badass plugin. But it´s
pain in the ass to do the right indirect lighting and to check that every texture is compatible with renderer
and light source. Also bias/non-biased is question. For this I would suggest, use bias based renderer to achieve
some consistency and is less time consuming & you don´t have to re-render so often.
Thanks!

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
As @dogk22 mentioned, these are almost certainly done in Daz Studio.

Daz has two fundamental renderers built in - 3Delight, which is older and "biased", and Iray, which is newer and "unbiased". Basically, the latter means that it tries (as much as possible) to use "physically based lighting." "Biased" renderers basically "cheat." They use various hacks that have no basis in the real world, primarily to make things be less processor-intensive. (Doesn't mean this is bad - just that they take a different approach to things than unbiased renderers do.) It can be tricky to get scenes well-light with Iray, but that's because its tricky to get light where you want it in real life. But there are tons of tutorials "out there," and they have a very active user community who are always willing to answer noob questions on their forums.

Also, the Daz folks have put out multiple generations of their figures. The "Genesis 3" figures and the "Genesis 8" figures (the latter being the most recent) and their related clothing, props, etc., are mostly optimized for Iray. You can get some pretty darn good-looking renders out of those. (Check out the Fan Art thread in the Big Brother forum to see what folks are doing with it.)

The caveat is that doing a good job with Iray pretty much requires that you have a decent NVIDIA GPU. Otherwise, it'll take a billion years to render on your CPU. 3Delight is a lot less resource intensive, but an awful lot of the newer models, clothes, etc. aren't supporting it since "Iray is the future." You can also get very nice renders with 3Delight, but the tricks and techniques are entirely different, so if you start looking for tutorials, make sure you're looking at the correct kind. My own opinion is that the newer Iray-based models are more realistic-looking than the older 3Delight ones, but that's just my own opinion - your mileage may vary.