VN - Ren'Py - Completed - In Your Shoes [Final] [Mac Hanson]

1. 2.00 star(s)

ObsessivelyAroused

Short summary:

The premise sounded intriguing, but the game didn’t deliver. Unavoidable granny LI and sex scenes. Writing is not good. Renders are mostly bad, with a few exceptions.

Good Things

• Blonde that you barely interact with and the gramma daughter models are not bad

Bad points

• bad renders
    • bad sex scenes
    • unavoidable sex with grandma
    • weird freeroam in the last chapter
  2. 4.00 star(s)

weneedmoreloli

If you're not into GILFs / realistic MILFs, stay out. Don't rate for that reason. OTOH, devs should have implied early on that the GILF is unavoidable. There are creative ways to do that instead of leading on the haters with illusion of character route. Sucks for them though. The BEST ROUTE is GILF ROUTE :HideThePain:

Free roam on the last chapter was completely unnecessary.
    Characters are fine.
    Animation is meh.
    Music fits.
    Premise is okay.
    Ending is lacking.
    Totally fappable.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

TheSkeptic1

**I stopped playing when freeroam was introduced as I really dislike guessing when and where I should go**

Visuals
    • Images are grainy, this kinda ruins a lot of it for me.
    • Character faces are a bit...cartoonish?
    • The first female body we see is incredible, but stil suffers from what I assume is compression.
    • There is absolutely no attempt to make the mother/daughter you first encounter look anything alike. This is painfully obvious and just lazy.
    • The lighting is awful.
    • HUGE mistake avoiding any actual nudity for the entire first episode, and then ending it by showing us every single woman's breasts. How in the hell do you just forget what you have and haven't shown the player? I played this when it was finalized. There shouldn't even be a nudity-ridden plea for support as if the project is still in development when the final revision is released. It should be a fluid transition from episode to episode unless the game isn't finished.

Story
    • Is the fourth wall where the character makes an obvious statement that indicates they are aware they're a character in a story? Whatever that is called, that seems to have happened here, and it's poorly-executed. Right away we get reference to "In Your Shoes" multiple times from the characters' perspective.
    • While it is believable that a homeless person or someone who is in poverty would likely have quite a bit of humility and maybe even be eager to help the older woman with her carts from her truck, this assumes that person is uniquely different from our MC. Which he isn't. It's the same person inhabiting a new body. He's not going to magically think and react differently. A man who didn't work a day in his life is now helping old women via hard labor? Doubtful.
    • There's so much opportunity to develop the characters we meet, but right away after MC is offered to stay with the first woman he meets, we see multiple days as a repeat of the last and for some reason are made to watch this happen.
    • Pretty much 100% of the lewd encounters are predictable in development and outcome.
    • Wayyyy too many "After a While" transitional frames. Is this an addiction? OCD? Laziness? Whatever it is, don't do this in your next project dev. NO ONE likes it.
    • The most imaginative and possibly only good sequence of the story writing is the part where MC nods off and has a fantasy about Norah and Remi.

Dialog
    English is inconsistent, lazy proofreading. It's pretty terrible, actually.

Other Notes
    The choice system is poorly implemented. Most choices are really two variations of the same thing, where neither really alters the course of the story. At most it seems like you miss out on someone's reaction, but it doesn't change how they see you.

Overall, I just can't recommend this one. It had (past tense because dev has labeled Completed) potential, but I wound up skipping a lot and got tired of the mostly predictable direction of the story and overall minimal sex scenes.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ruthlangmore27

Great one!! wish its a never ending story, unfortunately not ended very fast! renders were good! story was building very strong but last two chapters were really rush like a turtle with NOS!! :love::love::love::cry::(:cry: thats how i felt! such a good vn!!
  5. 4.00 star(s)

felicemastronzo

In Your Shoes [Final] [Mac Hanson]

really unexpected this game, more the first installment of a TV series than a real complete story, we will see if it will have new chapters.

female characters with an unglamourous but realistic aesthetic, a story if you will original but too simple (no choice has a real consequence excluding having or not having sex in cul moment)

but gives you a fulfilling gaming experience, short but interesting
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Bloodguard

I will give it a 4 star because it's complete, but it's a 3-star game at best, with potential to be much better.
    The Good
    I think the character design and music are pretty solid. Story concept, while not original is also decent and pretty promising. If you don't like GILFS or dark-skinned girls, there will not really be enough alternatives to satisfy you, but those that are there are pretty nice.
    The not so Good
    Animations are pretty terrible, probably better to skip them until the quality can go up a bit.
    Only a few lewds have sexy sounds. Very disappointing, as sexy sounds in the lewds are what make it fap worthy to me.
    Render quality is not great, though it does improve over time.
    Dialogue and grammar both leave a lot to be desired.
    MC looks like a bum. Shave and a haircut would do him wonders.
    Ending did not satisfy, and overall story pacing and cohesion are pretty poor.
    It's too short and Paige needed a lot more content, as the other Love Interests are not for everyone.

For a first effort is shows some promise and is definitely worth a play. Hopefully we will see more from this Dev at a higher quality.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Famescua

This is an overall ok game. Not great but not bad. The graphics are nice and the girls are pretty diverse in ages and body. The bad thing about this game is that it is pretty short and doesn't really explain what happens to all the people in the game. It went from a sandbox at the very end where all you can do is have sex with the females but the scenes are all repeated. Then afterwards you get sent to hell and get told why you are in hell. It leaves the story of what happened to the girls up on the air. Just wasn't for me. I still recommend you try the game as it was a pretty decent story, just that the ending feels unfinished. If the dev clears up the ending a bit or rewrites it, I'll change my rating. Because I play a game to win and with this ending I felt like I lost.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2609565

Played the final version. What can I say? Got some strong “Walking Dead fanfic: Daryl bangs Carol” vibes but… I liked it much. There is one other love interest option and some alternative to her, but they seemed too boring (though the other serious option was just a matter of taste for me).

Pro:

Setting (reincarnation type) and story
    Choice of love interests with different ages and body shapes
    Nice looking renders

Contra:

Far (!) too short
    Animations only okay-ish

Rating:

it should be less for anyone not into “older” women AND because of the length but I still give 5 starts because of Norah
  9. 1.00 star(s)

RedGizmoDuck

The reason for 1 star? The lack of option. I'm not a granny-con. if you are open to it, then you can ignore my comments on this review

My review is also only through part 1 and 2 , as that's the last of the acceptable content I'd be willing to rate. (for reasons stated above.)

This may have been mentioned before but, a few things. Why are chapter ends, when they were the current last version(not the latest version), left within the game? Asking people to donate or whatever else destroys the story telling in the full story. It adds a clear brake in the illusion of the story being cohesive.

Also, as I'm sure has been mentioned before, the structure and comprehension of the English is pretty sloppy(no offence) at times. It's not illusion breaking to me yet but, I'm not even through chapter 2 yet.

The granny-con, aspect. I literally just skip threw that if I can.(to me)Just no.

(later, after I thought I could avoid it...)
    In the end the granny f*cking is forced. I hate it(personally) and don't recommend this. It should always be an option, always.

When I mentioned it at the beginning, it was a guess and a hope it was avoidable. It was not, sadly.

This review is a personal opinion and in no way do I expect people to agree with it.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Alfius

Short enjoyable game, but not without it's faults.

The good.
    First, congrats for finishing the game. In itself an accomplishment.
    Story was entertaining.
    Models were good.
    Nice sex scenes and different body types.
    I like the choice of music.

The not so good.
    The dialogue was just not that good. Can not fault the grammar that much, but they were just not speaking like normal people would. Can not put my finger on it, but it really took me out of the game initially.
    The animation were average. Personally I prefer no animation to average animation. (But I know I'm in the minority)
    The concept and idea of the story was good, but it turned out to be quite short and maybe too simple. Maybe the pacing along with the dialogue...I don't know.

Still I found it enjoyable. 7/10 would be my score, but I round it up so 4 starts from me.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Asheath

Sigh another ambious VN that the dev gives up on but keeps the fake tags, there is no cheating, interracial, or pregnancy.
    Wasn't gonna write a review but the people giving 5/5 for this are insane, the only thing pushing it above 1 is the character design, everything else it fails at.

-1 FFS the game is called "A Renpy Game" in the taskbar...
    -1 Almost a kinetic novel, choices don't matter
    -1 Animations are very poor quality
    -1 Renders are decent but there are games from 2019 with better quality.
    - 1 Story is obviously cut short, even overview says "enter the lives of people", but then it's just one guy.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Simon7

This game came as a complete surprise to me. Initially I was expecting to see some weak Young Again clone, but the game pleasantly surprised me!
    It has: a cool adult plot with the idea of saving people on the verge of suicide; a good first storyline rich in events; an attractive protagonist who is not trying to be a hero does not suffer from sperm toxicosis and is generally a nice guy in every sense.
    All in all, for those who are thinking whether to play or not, don't pass by you'll love the game! The plot is interesting, the characters are lively and their fates are interesting to watch. Looking forward to continuing the story :cool:
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Kreblin12

While story is original, Episode 1-4 are rather boring, women not very attractive. Same goes for MC and he's too much in the picture. No choice available to avoid unwanted sex scenes. No real erotic tension, just jump to sex scenes. Things get better in episode 5, but it's still to little yet.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Invalid

My favorite part was when Norah was flashing her tit behind Remi's back and she loved every minute of it, and when she gave you that naughty smile with her tongue sticking out. Ooooofffff. One of the best scenes I ever saw in a game. Tied with Monica in where the heart is when she was flashing you while her daughter had no idea what was going on behind her. Please more of this content from Norah. Make one with them fucking behind the door and her talking to Remi and her asking Norah where the MC is.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3709330

Great game A deep and interesting story to reveal secrets about money that our MC will discover
    Excellent and wonderful character movement method and good graphics that give a nice impact My favorite character is Norah :love:
    Great work dev keep going (y)
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Bailea

This linear Kinetic Novel has a very good premise!

I really hope the current story is only one among several in this game's own universe and we'll be able to witness many other stories from the demonic contract authority.

Current story is entertaining, as well as decently paced with good sexy times, plus an enthralling plot and a perfectly set cliffhanger.

One thing I have to criticize though is that we actually don't see why the body snatched MC wants to off himself. The subject is totally dismissed after taken over his life. Hopefully we will find out more background information in the course of the story.

Please Dev don't blue ball us by not letting us having a nice threesome with the hot mother and the fiery daughter. I would never forgive you. :p
  17. 5.00 star(s)

allesalles

Great game. Nice story. The progression of events is very well done. It generates great excitement. Good job dev!

The GILF is super hot.

Animation could be better. I hope the dev can improve in this aspect.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 167032

It's a very nice romantic fresh story. The ladies apart from one so far are really great.

I specially love how the MC is not a douche just a guy finding his way through his new life. He's no more a pervert than most of us which is great.

Now here's why i only give it 4 stars, almost 3. Some of the renders are really well placed and good but most are a little, well it needs more work If I can be so blunt. WIth time I am sure the dev will improve in this department. I don't mean crispness or quality, but rather lighting, camera angles and character poses and some backgrounds needs some work. I can see the ideas are there just need that final push to make em pop.
    The gui design/art layout is very nice I like it.

The English definitely needs work and as mentioned in the reviews it does get a little too much after a while.

Still the girls are fantastic, Paige is a very nice addition to the mix. I love the progression of the characters and the story is very engaging if you after romance. Not many choices to be made but that is not something that bothers me per se....

Great work dev, i definitely looking forward to playing more.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

TheLonelyGhost

The MILF tag is an attempt to not offend an older lady. GILF is more appropriate, and its going to be shoved in your face. The MC looks weird and dirty, but girls are still tripping over themselves to flirt with him. The image quality is nice and the models are good until they make any facial expression then they look weird.

The story is okay. Nothing that I'll think about after I close the game, but it's serviceable. The writing is typical for a foreign game translated into english, painful to read at times. It's an average game so far. Maybe the story will go somewhere someday. Maybe.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Led

I played this game for the 1st time as of episode 1 of (version 1.1 ). There's enough content to get a good idea of the game. In overall, the game is nicely made. It's not Oscar material, but it'll definitely entertain you. The renders are very good. The story is nice and also the dialogues (except for the grammar). The story basically reminds me of the series Quantum Leap, back in the day. You'll figure it out, what I mean, if you play the game. However, I don't really like the way the developer shows the dialogues during the storyline. I prefer to see the dialogue lines appear in whole and, preferably, at once after each click or tap. In this game, the dialogue lines appear letter per letter of each word. You'd have to hit or tap again if you want to see the entire line, at once. Also, this game seriously needs a (more adequate?) proof reader. The English grammar isn't very great. It's not terrible, but it gets a bit annoying, after a while, if I'm being honest. But, like I said, the game in itself is pretty good. Therefore, I rated this game with 4 stars.