Incomplete archive problem when extracting renpy zip

rednaske

Mar 10, 2018
Today I downloaded PhotoHunt-0.11.1-mac.zip, yesterday I tried Being A DIK.
Same problem, I've had it with several other games as well. I always use the MEGA links to download, download itself goes smoothly. But when I try to extract through my default program 'The Unarchiver' on mac, it gives me this error: "When reading from archive (xxxxxxxx), this error has occured: archive is incomplete"

Anyone know what goes wrong?

I'm on a mac, OS X Mojave, my extracting software is up to date... don't know what I can do.

Thanks in advance!

rednaske

Mar 10, 2018
UP! It's also the case with Foot Of The Mountains. The stupid thing is: some downloads seem to be going ok, like Taffy Tales for instance.

Anyone? Please.

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
most likely just a corrupted download. if there was a problem with the files themselves the threads would be flooded with complaints. best to try downloading them again possibly from a different source.

rednaske

Mar 10, 2018
Thanks for the reply man. I considered that, but now I'm thinking that maybe my unzip-app isn't opening these files correctly. Will try with different prog.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
In order to verify if the .zip is actually incomplete, you may calculate its and compare it with another OSX user.
The md5sum is just a string of 32 characters, such as 7f82b41f5358b32672de96d5b52e2a05. Two identical files return the same string.

If Unarchiver fails for some reason, you may want to try another software, such as Zipeg, or unzip the file in the terminal.
I have found this instructions, I don't know if they are still valid:
1) Open Terminal. You can use the Mac search at the top right and start typing Terminal. It will appear, click on it to open the program.
2) Type “unzip” and a space, then drag/drop the zip file into the Terminal window.
3) Press Enter and the zip file will be unzipped, storing all files on your computer.

rednaske

Mar 10, 2018
Hey man, thanks! And sorry for the late reply. It turned out that the unarchiver was the problem all along. I'm using different software now and everything unzips and loads smoothly.

Reactions: scrumbles