Increase RPGM Resolution of finished games

DERAX12345

May 14, 2017
Is there a RPGM version of renpys "gui.init(X, Y)" . So to increase the resolution of finished games? So that I can use highter resolution pictures? Thanks in advance!

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Hmm... Depends on the RPG Maker version you're using.

But if you're talking about increasing the resolution of an already finished game, then that's a big no-no, since all the game CGs and images won't be able to stretch to the new window resolution.

DERAX12345

May 14, 2017
Hmm... Depends on the RPG Maker version you're using.

But if you're talking about increasing the resolution of an already finished game, then that's a big no-no, since all the game CGs and images won't be able to stretch to the new window resolution.
My idea was to increase the pictures quality by magnifying it via i.e
and replace the orig with those pictures(after changing the format of course). Just like you can do with renpy.
I tried to meddle with some resizing plugins for rpgm but as I have now understood it is not possible to add plugins to an already finsihed game, or is it?

Last edited:

DERAX12345

May 14, 2017
While the user was trying to help it did not really answer my question. I am still looking for a way to use resolution increased pictures i.e. made by to use in finished rpgm games. (in renpy you can use the console command "gui.init(X, Y)" ) Obviously the best way would be not to complicated. Thanks in adavance. I did not have any luck with plugins which I tried a couple of them after googling.