Unreal Engine Indecent Exposure [Development Thread]

Cyamus

Apr 17, 2020
Hey everybody. I'm currently developing an adult open world action adventure game called Indecent Exposure. It's inspired by Grand Theft Auto and Real Life Sunbay. You play a male MC. You have a childhood friend who you used to do small-time crime with when you were younger until you got caught. After serving some time, you decided to go clean and your friend eventually moved to the city of New Leben. After some years, you reconnect with him and he convinces you to fly out to New Leben.

That's basically it for now. I'll figure out the rest as I implement things as it'll go hand in hand with the story. I'm shooting for a GTA-like story with shootouts, car chases, heists, etc. It'll be made in Unreal Engine and I'll be using Daz models for the main characters and any NPC's that's sexually interactive. I'm a programmer and I've been learning and experimenting with Unreal Engine for over a year now. I feel good enough to tackle this project and any future obstacles that will arise. Gameplay will naturally be my focus.

Keeping up with wegs over the years, it's been surprising to see some of the things that are successful. With Real Life Sunbay, I'm quite surprised at how successful it is with seemingly very simple mechanics. I like money and I want to give it a go. I mean how hard could it be? The game is still very early on, but I wanted to start a development thread to keep myself accountable and show off things as I make progress. Also, any thoughts on what you'd like from the game would also be great to hear as it gets developed.

Progress so far:
I've spent the last few weeks figuring out the Daz to Unreal workflow and I finally did it last week. That was pretty much the only unknown that would have prevented me from making this game. Now that I figured it out, I feel like the rest of development will be pretty steady progress. Right now I've got the main character in the game and a girl character. The main character has animations for basic movement. I've got the weapon system in place. I've got one test doggystyle animation added. I also have some clothing in, but that wasn't shown in the following video.

Long-Term Roadmap:
  • Story and Missions
  • Heists and crime for both story and non-story gameplay
  • Multiplayer
  • Lots of sex scenes
  • An immersive world with more stuff added as time goes on
  • Character customization
  • Fun gameplay loops like store robberies or heists
Near Term Priorities:
  • Story Introduction / First Mission
  • Vehicles and driving
  • Vehicle Repossesion to earn money
  • First alpha of the world level
  • Pedestrian and Traffic AI
  • Enemy combat AI
  • A playable demo
I'm planning on the first mission being a vehicle repossession mission. Driving is my current priority which I should get in very soon so that naturally connects. It's also an easy first gameplay loop.

Cyamus

Apr 17, 2020
So I got the vehicle code in. A little bit of work needs to be done for having the player character go up to a card and start driving, but the car itself is playable now. It can also hit other people and ragdoll them. There's not a standing up animation right now because that's a bit more low priority work. I feel like the ragdoll is good enough for now. Getting in and out of vehicles should be in tomorrow. That should be quick and I plan on working on designing the world level after that.

Cyamus

Apr 17, 2020
Here's a quick drivethrough of the city I have so far. I haven't placed any buildings of interest with interiors yet, but I plan to. There's an Unreal marketplace sale right now so I'll planning to pick up some stuff. Some buildings have gaps right now, but that is something I'll get to fixing. I've outlined the map into 3 sections with a city area, a suburban neighborhood area, and then a rural foresty enivronment. I haven't added the suburbs yet which I plan to do soon. I tried to keep the city small and not get too crazy especially at this stage.

Reactions: TheExordick