moonbaby

Jan 20, 2018
what are the correct answers to hermoine's game? the names of spells etc, easy/medium/hard?

Last edited:

Smogark

Aug 1, 2018
While I understand the sentiment, the developers in this case actively communicate with patrons, we also have free public releases. There are developers who have went years without a release and don't actively communicate...
And you've still had developers come out and say the only purpose of Innocent Witches is to milk patrons of money on Patreon. Those same developers left because they couldn't stand it.

It's quite weird to be frank. Weird enough that I'm actually breaking character to talk about this. The only expensive part of this game is arguably the art, but with the way the art is in the files, and the fact that there's loads of custom artwork that's been posted by a variety of people. You guys should have a slew of scenes already for fapping.

Sad Crab is getting typically more than $20,000 on Patreon each month. Coding in Ren'Py is not difficult at all. And replicating an art style isn't all that difficult either. Taking into account that you have well over 500 subscribed patrons in Discord, and then quite a number of people who are interested in the game. Some of these people having posted fanart before utilizing in-game assets, or even something that looks like a custom drawing for a scene. Art shouldn't be an issue either.

The story isn't even bad from what we know so far before the "new plot" was introduced. You guys have completely changed your roadmap from what it was before, which is kinda hilarious. The fact that the roadmap is indicating now that it takes an entire year to do a story? Completely ridiculous. Especially when the story at best is going to only be an hour or two of actual story that's locked behind fifteen hours of grinding.

You can talk as if the developers actively communicating is a good thing. But it's quite obvious that you guys are only milking your patrons for their money while putting out little to no content. Hell. It's even more weird that one of the developers is on here trying to defend stuff, yet is only digging the team an even bigger grave at this point with his comments.

People can, and will always be patient for content they like. But don't act as if you guys aren't taking advantage of those people's goodwill lol

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
I've been away for one year waiting for a big chunk of content, what's the deal with the "new plot"?
Reboot, shortcuts?
New plot is a rewriting stuff for a cohesive story, it's been through multiple writers and we need a single writer to fix all of what's needed. It should end up making the content that's there a lot more sensical.

On the flip side, if you skip the text, this work won't matter all the much...

Reactions: jpadun

zomkung

Sep 28, 2017
Sad Crab is getting typically more than $20,000 on Patreon each month. Coding in Ren'Py is not difficult at all. And replicating an art style isn't all that difficult either

Ren'py's coding depends on game to game, same as Arts. IW's code is more difficult than the others. I've been in the industry for long enough to say that, the current speed of IW development (2021~) is quite good.

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Dude, if you guys just release a update full focused on H scenes, your entire fan base would worship you...
We know and that's just not how the art works; which dictates the game. You cannot get 3 or 4 scenes within a single release cycle with the art at the level of detail it's at. You can if you make sacrifices with quality though, or have a massive team of artists (which we do not).

Last edited:
Reactions: soundengineer

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
There are developers who have went years without a release and don't actively communicate...
Saying that Sad Crab is better than the absolute worst H game devs isn't exactly the slam dunk defense you might think it is.

I would say the current gold standard is MagicNuts who are developing Being a Legend. A two person team creation a renpy game with 2d art. They send out weekly status reports showing an estimation of how much work remains to be done and they have major new releases every few months with a complete story and multiple sex scenes.

perception

Aug 9, 2016
New plot is a rewriting stuff for a cohesive story, it's been through multiple writers and we need a single writer to fix all of what's needed. It should end up making the content that's there a lot more sensical.

On the flip side, if you skip the text, this work won't matter all the much...
I'm interested in the story, I find it amusing, I wouldn't skip.

I was trying to figure out if it was better to try the new plot or the old one, or if the new was a rebooted old with same plus new content and if the new is the way to go. If it's missing stuff I'll wait.

Vergi|

Apr 19, 2020
I am pretty excited, as the planned summer update should be coming out tomorrow. If nothing has changed, of course, which I really doubt.

Smogark

Aug 1, 2018
So it's not? :WaitWhat:
Not when they're effectively lying to their entire fanbase to keep them placated to whatever degree. The sheer fact that you've chosen to solely reply to this particular statement in my reply with something that is intended to flip the script into making me look ridiculous, instead of tackling the entire statement, and try to debunk everything/anything else I've said. Just proves me right.

You guys are solely milking your patrons, and it's sad that you're willingly taking advantage of people like this.

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: AceJack

fisher_JY

Aug 13, 2021
nice griphic comics and sucking game. some mini games even can`t go through or spent much time. it`s hard to get what quest describions mean sometimes.

3.00 star(s) 324 Votes