Bigredz

Dec 8, 2016
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'act1_ch5_snape_dialogues.about_commissars_first'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 57, in script call
  File "scripts/plot/plot_menu.rpyc", line 48, in script call
  File "scripts/plot/act_1/act1_menu.rpyc", line 80, in script call
  File "scripts/plot/act_1/chapter_5/menus.rpyc", line 287, in script call
  File "locations/cabinet/logic.rpyc", line 94, in script call
  File "mechanics/person_menu.rpyc", line 35, in script call
  File "mechanics/person_menu.rpyc", line 72, in script call
  File "G:\Downloads 2\Innocent_Witches-04A-pc\Innocent_Witches-0.4A-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1434, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "G:\Downloads 2\Innocent_Witches-04A-pc\Innocent_Witches-0.4A-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'act1_ch5_snape_dialogues.about_commissars_first'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Innocent Witches 0.4A
Wed Jul 24 01:12:15 2019

goochklok

Feb 6, 2019
the game itself it great as it is, i like the teasing and don´t need dip my sausage right from the start. but what gets the mood down is the bugs and inabbility to skip forward textboxes. call em stupid but if i press Strg to fastforward text it doesn´t work. :(
and i would love to play the game from the beginning to see what works and whats new but i can´t because it takes me like a year just to get through the prolog without forward. :/
It works but it's not..... the best. It literally skips everything if you set it to. You dont see it speed through, it just goes right to whatever the stopping point is. And it takes a second or 2 to activate.
It's a little weird but if you check the top two off but not the last one then it works like you'd expect it to. iwff.PNG

Reactions: F9Zoney

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
IIRC, if you do that, it sticks to one second a speech bubble which is pretty slow. But Whatever floats your boat, if you can stand it.

SlikSlaks

Nov 17, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "G:\Downloads 2\Innocent_Witches-04A-pc\Innocent_Witches-0.4A-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1434, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "G:\Downloads 2\Innocent_Witches-04A-pc\Innocent_Witches-0.4A-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Innocent Witches 0.4A
Wed Jul 24 01:12:15 2019

Same shit. Waiting for hotfix in 0.4.1A

Reactions: Pilluah and F9Zoney

Pilluah

Sep 4, 2017
Happily surprised that game is actually interesting and enjoyable to play now! But reading above, apparently not much NSFW content yet. But happy to see progress :) I did not expect game to be so good, though ofc it is still work in progress so well see what it ends up becoming.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
had a peek at the savegame and holy shit what is all that "tag reached" stuff - you dont want me to believe the game uses a tally-mark system for stats?!

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
had a peek at the savegame and holy shit what is all that "tag reached" stuff - you dont want me to believe the game uses a tally-mark system for stats?!
We keep track of every dialogue reached, stats are not based on this, you just go through the stat dialogue (label) and it increments the value. Some of our values are dynamically generated with code.

Someone in this thread posted how to enable dev mode which has some dev features for stats and such. I don't really want to explain stuff that can break the game as dev mode has some oddities.

arar

Jun 4, 2017
I don't understand why you don't take some of these criticisms to heart people obviously don't want to use a walkthrough if they don't have to, but this game forces you because it's such a fucking mess. Just dumb down the game by making the missions shorter,fix the UI(the menus) and add more scenes. The game doesn't feel rewarding if you want people to like the game reward them don't make them read 15,000 lines of text before the next soft-core scene, that's just gay.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Some of our values are dynamically generated with code.
thats what I meant with tallying, as you do need to track the stats somehow or you cant save the stats. It's a cheat protection if i ever saw one, but needlessly complicated imo. It does prevent people from just setting the 5 stats to maximum and dont care, but leveling up to 4 accross all before even attempting to open the statue does seem to skip some content or other, especialy in regards to the prefect meetings.

also i have a suggestion for the savegames. its pointless to include thumbnails when many of them are just marc standing over the pensieve without any other identifaction than time.

Whats that?
instead of just saving "%STAT%_current_level=5" and "%STAT%_current_training=69", its "trained_times=15" or something like that. Can't tell because the variables in there are confusing with a lot of repeated entries that dont make sense to me and I really dont want to read and trace scripts.rpy

Last edited:

Qdpb

Oct 17, 2018
I don't understand why you don't take some of these criticisms to heart people obviously don't want to use a walkthrough if they don't have to, but this game forces you because it's such a fucking mess. Just dumb down the game by making the missions shorter,fix the UI(the menus) and add more scenes. The game doesn't feel rewarding if you want people to like the game reward them don't make them read 15,000 lines of text before the next soft-core scene, that's just gay.
Ah yes, just fix everything and generate new content. Clearly just an afternoons work. I'm shocked that there isn't a developer posting in this very thread about his intentions and progress on doing just that.

arar

Jun 4, 2017
Ah yes, just fix everything and generate new content. Clearly just an afternoons work. I'm shocked that there isn't a developer posting in this very thread about his intentions and progress on doing just that.
Yeah its not like people have been telling him to fix this shit first for months and its just false promises just like release dates. As much as I want to like this game and the creator for saying he will fix stuff, its hard staying a fan of the game when it never gets changed its just the same every update. I don't mean to bash on you or the creator, but its frustrating.

Moosy

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah its not like people have been telling him to fix this shit first for months and its just false promises just like release dates. As much as I want to like this game and the creator for saying he will fix stuff, its hard staying a fan of the game when it never gets changed its just the same every update. I don't mean to bash on you or the creator, but its frustrating.
I honestly don't think that they should dumb down the game. It may be an unpopular opinion, the game has a nice pace, it doesn't go straight to hardcore sex. But yeah, a bunch of horny dudes is, ironically, a hard crowd to please.

Bigredz

Dec 8, 2016
What are you supposed to give to the portrait next to the classroom? Trying to complete ginnys quest.

3.00 star(s) 316 Votes