Daz Insanely large file size of some scene

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Sometimes it happens that a file size of saved scene is many times larger than other comparable scenes. For example, the scene will grow from about 3 MB to 50 MB . I found that one piece of clothing is causing the problem. When I deleted that piece of clothing, load it again and saved the scene again, the file size of scena was again about 3 MB.

Any solution for this problem without having to delete and load the clothes again?

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
Sometimes it happens that a file size of saved scene is many times larger than other comparable scenes. For example, the scene will grow from about 3 MB to 50 MB . I found that one piece of clothing is causing the problem. When I deleted that piece of clothing, load it again and saved the scene again, the file size of scena was again about 3 MB.

Any solution for this problem without having to delete and load the clothes again?
Only do nude scenes! :WeSmart: :WeSmart: :WeSmart:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018

IIRC it can come from the autofit function (generaly clothes or hairs) or anything that modify geometry (like hide/delete polygons), it saves the modified asset within the file save (and not load the original anymore). You can use Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop for your modified asset to keep your save file normal.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
When I tried to build the whole scene again, the same characters, the same assets, the same outfits including the adjustments, the same poses, the scene was of normal size. Is the size increase some kind of bug, or something that happens every time I do something that causes it? Maybe I did something a little differently, but I don't know what.

JamesSoul

Oct 15, 2018
Files might grow veeeery big if you are using fit control for your clothes, as they add multiple morphs on the assets. If so, you might want to delete the unused morphs and you will save a lot of file size.

Reactions: lancelotdulak

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Files might grow veeeery big if you are using fit control for your clothes, as they add multiple morphs on the assets. If so, you might want to delete the unused morphs and you will save a lot of file size.
This exactly ive started to remind myself to go back and use "remove unused morphs"

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
oook.. so.. i just found something out when i reinstalled Octane. You know when you have this complex scene lots of characters etc. Maybe you rip out a lot of the characters.. change some things.. Maybe install new characters and save that? then use that as the base and do the same?

DAZ isnt Removing the f*cking textures. So now you have a scene with 1 figure in an empty room with.... 1800 unused textures.. #$@#$$%%#$@%$%$#@$%