Seeking Insect games?

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
There's quite a few games that have scenes with insects, but most won't focus on them.
Ishu Aigan has some scenes with insects, but the artist's focus more on insects. They're not translated, though.
Giant Insect Research Institute
Insect Pot
Roachnighter
Only Bugs
Syahata's Bad Day
Secret Survey has some scenes with leeches and spiders in the gallery mode
Mushikarishi: The Bug Hunter
Parasite in city has a couple of insect scenes
The Pilgrimage has some scenes with insects early in the beginning resulting in a non-standard game over, but there are some more scenes later on in the game
Mushi no Kangoku
Wandering City has a few scenes: one with a fly, one with some slug/worm things and one with a bunch of robotic spiders.
Creature Get more insect-larvae than insects, though. Also, it's pretty short
The Agnietta has some stuff like that, but not sure how much.
Fallen Doll has some insect scenes
Breed Laboratory
JK Hazard
Crisis Point Extinction had some scenes with insects, if I remember correctly.
Fairy Fighting and Wolf's Dungeon also have a couple of scenes with insects
Shinobi girl and Witch Girl also have like one or two scenes
Flying Princess Inter-breed has some, I think.
She ill server has some scenes
Syndrome of Death has one scene with an insect. Other than that, game is pretty short.
Captivity has some insect enemies, but I haven't played it so no idea about the content in there
Fighting Girl Sakura R also has some

Last edited:

sanmakko

Jun 13, 2022
visual novel database is what i use to find insex games though as the name implies these are all vns.

you wont be able to download them from there but they do link where they are from so if its a free game then you can easily get that but other wise youll have to buy them or pirate.

also wonderful list cooldude33

omglolguy32

Dec 10, 2019
I wish Mushi no Knagoku was simply downloadable with English UI etc. I tried installing it a few times, but no luck. I follow the guide here to the letter, but alas, I get different menus/options than shown in the site, and I'm not able to select the correct character. The game looks so interesting though! That's why I tried several times.

There are so very few things to find with insects that aren't japanese text-only games and also are more than just a visual novel :(

I played Only Bugs the past few days but it's pretty barebones afaik a game goes. I enjoyed playing Creature Get once too but it's incredibly short and just a kinetic novel. Most other games don't focus on the insects and at most contain one of two scenes with them.

Cinders

Jun 11, 2018
I wish Mushi no Knagoku was simply downloadable with English UI etc. I tried installing it a few times, but no luck. I follow the guide here to the letter, but alas, I get different menus/options than shown in the site, and I'm not able to select the correct character. The game looks so interesting though! That's why I tried several times.

There are so very few things to find with insects that aren't japanese text-only games and also are more than just a visual novel :(

I played Only Bugs the past few days but it's pretty barebones afaik a game goes. I enjoyed playing Creature Get once too but it's incredibly short and just a kinetic novel. Most other games don't focus on the insects and at most contain one of two scenes with them.
Did you follow the imgur guide? It's pretty useful.

If not, I tried uploading my patched version . Try cardwirth.exe, click "Adventurer's inn", click Leah, choose the left option between 2 (shorter one), this opens up the 10 button menu, click the top right most option with the yellow paper, click the bottom left arrow to 4/4, click the face of the char, and you'll be in game. Not sure if this works but if it does I'll post it in the thread proper. Not sure how to reset everything either save game wise, but you might be able to use the layout of the folder as a guide to do a clean install in another folder. The ULMF thread for the game also has more detail, which was how I installed it like 3 years ago.

----

Taima Miko Yuugi is another one that has insect content.

omglolguy32

Dec 10, 2019
Did you follow the imgur guide? It's pretty useful.

If not, I tried uploading my patched version . Try cardwirth.exe, click "Adventurer's inn", click Leah, choose the left option between 2 (shorter one), this opens up the 10 button menu, click the top right most option with the yellow paper, click the bottom left arrow to 4/4, click the face of the char, and you'll be in game. Not sure if this works but if it does I'll post it in the thread proper. Not sure how to reset everything either save game wise, but you might be able to use the layout of the folder as a guide to do a clean install in another folder. The ULMF thread for the game also has more detail, which was how I installed it like 3 years ago.

----

Taima Miko Yuugi is another one that has insect content.
Thanks for the link and explanation. Yeah I followed the imgur pictures (and also tried another guide). Everything worked like a charm up until the point where I had to switch characters from the temporary one to Leah. When I did I get a kind of blue screen with just one option (instead of several). And at that point, I can't follow the guide anymore. Nore sure what's causing it as i'm exactly doing as i'm supposed too. I'll try it with your link/guide, hopefully I won't get the same problem.

Reactions: Lolo Noguera

Roughriders

Feb 13, 2022
Thanks for the link and explanation. Yeah I followed the imgur pictures (and also tried another guide). Everything worked like a charm up until the point where I had to switch characters from the temporary one to Leah. When I did I get a kind of blue screen with just one option (instead of several). And at that point, I can't follow the guide anymore. Nore sure what's causing it as i'm exactly doing as i'm supposed too. I'll try it with your link/guide, hopefully I won't get the same problem.
I having trouble after the downloads. the stuff that's showing on the folder is not even similar to what's in the guide